GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Movie and TV Recommendations

torga

Autocross Champion
Dunno how into anime some of you are, but a new manga adaptation just got announced, called Pluto, which is already an adaptation of a story arc from Astro Boy. The author (Naoki Urasawa) makes it wonderfully dark and heavy. Urasawa is fantastic at slow, suspenseful, thriller stories. I've got high hopes for this one.
One of his manga, called Monster, has already been adapted into an anime. It's kinda long (70ish episodes) which may turn some off, but it's very good.

https://www.avclub.com/here-s-a-sneak-peek-at-netflix-s-pluto-anime-adaptation-1850115969

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Dunno how into anime some of you are, but a new manga adaptation just got announced, called Pluto, which is already an adaptation of a story arc from Astro Boy. The author (Naoki Urasawa) makes it wonderfully dark and heavy. Urasawa is fantastic at slow, suspenseful, thriller stories. I've got high hopes for this one.
One of his manga, called Monster, has already been adapted into an anime. It's kinda long (70ish episodes) which may turn some off, but it's very good.

https://www.avclub.com/here-s-a-sneak-peek-at-netflix-s-pluto-anime-adaptation-1850115969
Like Urasawa I make mad films

torga

Autocross Champion
i can imagine, but i dont feel like searching it all out lol

I'll DM you with a link, there are incredibly easy ways to read it, especially if using an Android phone. iOS is easy too, just have to jump thru a hoop or two. All else fails, very easy to read in a web browser

I have been told that problem is just for have time for that sadly.

That's fair. I didn't have as much time for manga as I used to until I started taking the bus to work. Now I can churn thru em like I did in high school.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
I'll DM you with a link, there are incredibly easy ways to read it, especially if using an Android phone. iOS is easy too, just have to jump thru a hoop or two. All else fails, very easy to read in a web browser

That's fair. I didn't have as much time for manga as I used to until I started taking the bus to work. Now I can churn thru em like I did in high school.
Nice I took the bus to work for awhile but the bus ride is 2-2 1/2 hour trip driving is about 20 mins

torga

Autocross Champion
yikes. driving is 30-35 minutes for me depending on traffic, bus is 45-55 minutes. only slightly longer, and getting to read manga and not having to get pissed at idiot drivers? no brainer

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
This is insane lol. I've been watching, it's ok but the best show ever featured? Thus far it's a 6/10
Exactly, the show is ok but it's far from amazing. They waste entire episodes on stories completely irrelevant to the original story/game just to share some gay apocalypse fantasy and people eat it up "IT HIT SO HARD IN THE FEELS" 🤦‍♂️ 99% of shows and movies today are trash so when a show like TLoU comes around and it's half decent every thinks it's fucking incredible. Same thing happened with GoT and most people didn't realize it until the very last season.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I just watched Everything Everywhere All At Once. That was one of the most ridiculous and silly movies, but it was also so good.

torga

Autocross Champion
Here's a ridiculous movie coming up that I want to watch. It's the same director as Rubber, if y'all remember that one.