GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Movie and TV Recommendations

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I started and finished Station Eleven last week. I really enjoyed it. The history behind the TV show is kinda crazy. It's about a pandemic and they were supposed to start airing Jan 2020, but then we had our own pandemic and it got delayed to Feb 2021.

It's a 10 episode mini series, so no 2nd season or anything like that. It tells a complete story within the season. The music is amazing and carries the show so much farther. The story it tells is really good and I really liked all the actors.

It might be a little slow in the beginning, but it picks up and brings everything together really nicely at the end.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
First episode of Beef was great but ep 2 was slower, hoping it doesn't fizzle out

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Recent movies I thought were surprisingly good:

We have a Ghost
Crawl (2019)
A Man called Otto

torga

Autocross Champion
First episode of Beef was great but ep 2 was slower, hoping it doesn't fizzle out

When trailers first came out, I thought it was gonna be a movie and it made a ton of sense that way. I've only watched the first episode and while I liked it, I'm having trouble seeing how they're gonna squeeze 9 more episodes out of this premise.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Anyone watching Silo? The books were great, hoping the show isn't a letdown. It's ok so far but they're still world-building.
Is that the one about

The 50 silos dug into the ground to create a perfect society after an "apocalypse"

What streaming service is it on?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
When trailers first came out, I thought it was gonna be a movie and it made a ton of sense that way. I've only watched the first episode and while I liked it, I'm having trouble seeing how they're gonna squeeze 9 more episodes out of this premise.
100%, I initially thought it was a movie too lol

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
horrible use of the spoiler, but yes
Hey. I fixed it. I originally googled how to do spoiler using bbcode, then saw there's a button for it after it didn't work

bentin

Autocross Champion
Thought the first two were good, casting seems really good, Tim Robbins as the IT wonk is perfect. Hugh Howey's blog seems to reflect that he's really happy with how the first season went, so I'm hoping it comes along well and gets picked up for all three seasons. Would suck to have it die before Monkey can f up the end any more...

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion