GOLFMKV

Moving from NY to NC any advice?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie

crxgator

Autocross Champion

zrickety

The Fixer
I had someone pull out from a side road right in front of me today and almost T-boned them at 60mph. Locked up the brakes on the Jeep.
#ObliviousSoutherners

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
crxgator, you just described how every NY plated car drives in Florida. Except, you left out; comes to a dead stop to make a right hand turn.

Aren't you supposed to stop when you make a right on red?? Nobody in NY full stops to make a regular right turn. NY would come to a stop if everybody came to a complete stop to make a regular right turn. There are A LOT of right turns in NY.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Aren't you supposed to stop when you make a right on red?? Nobody in NY full stops to make a regular right turn. NY would come to a stop if everybody came to a complete stop to make a regular right turn. There are A LOT of right turns in NY.

I believe he means making a turn off the main road which is a very southern thing to do is stop, and turn without signaling on a 45-55mph road.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
I believe he means making a turn off the main road which is a very southern thing to do is stop, and turn without signaling on a 45-55mph road.

55 mph turns off the main road?! I guess NY people are not accustomed to that. You try that here, and youll likely kill a pedestrian. If NY people slow down during these turns, its likely out of respect for the environment. We aren't familiar with the area and don't want to kill anyone. Sounds like a good thing to me.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
There are bad drivers literally everywhere... you can't single it out by geography lmao

smh o_O

Yea.. I live in NY and I'm a pretty terrible driver in NY.. so there! We are everywhere and drive poorly everywhere!

crxgator

Autocross Champion
55 mph turns off the main road?! I guess NY people are not accustomed to that. You try that here, and youll likely kill a pedestrian. If NY people slow down during these turns, its likely out of respect for the environment. We aren't familiar with the area and don't want to kill anyone. Sounds like a good thing to me.

right, you are supposed to slow down for a turn, not completely stop in the middle of the lane.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
here.jpg

This happened to me today, and it happens all the time. Some asshole stopped in the middle of the road, and then all of a sudden makes a right turn without using their blinkers. It's a 45mph zone, and there is even a right hand lane which they didn't use. There are many accidents at this juncture because of the people here.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
You put the blinker on, and slow down. You don't come to a complete stop without signalling. Same goes for left turns. Just use the blinker, and it makes life easier. They are against that here.