GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My stock GTI dyno video

sixten

Passed Driver's Ed
After getting a baseline number, I've had APR stage I and a carbonio intake installed. The difference is incredible! Loads of power at all rpms, cuts through air like butter when passing @ 65 mph plus, and traction loss and wheel hop are far more pronounced. It loses traction in 2nd easily at WOT now. A little practice will be required to keep all the wheels on the ground :) Suffice to say, it is highly recommended. For me, it's plenty of power, so stage II may not be necessary.

This video shows my stock results on a Mustang dyno, which tends to read lower than some other dynos:

2010 GTI Baseline Dyno Run Video

And here's a short vid driving around after APR. Doesn't really demonstrate much...just having some fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMzdsJfdM3o

sixten

Passed Driver's Ed
Here's the stock graph. I'll do another dyno within the next 2 months to discover the gains and report back to you:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Great videos and good numbers. Looking foward to the progress.

sixten

Passed Driver's Ed
what octane is supreme in Mass???

93. Keep in mind, this was done on a Mustang dyno, which tends to yield lower #s because it places more load on the wheels to simulate real-world driving situations. I'm not sure how APR was able to get 200+ stock whp, but it could be the dyno they use.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Yep. Mustang dyno's are called hearbreaker dyno's. Most perfer Dynojets due their higher numbers.

You sticking with the same dyno for all your future pulls?

ahhhhhhh ... I thought perhaps that supreme was 91 on the yeast coast.... so 207 hp and 210 ft/lb (with 15% loss) ...

solid overall.

sixten

Passed Driver's Ed
Yep. Mustang dyno's are called hearbreaker dyno's. Most perfer Dynojets due their higher numbers.

You sticking with the same dyno for all your future pulls?

You got it. Yeah, I'll be returning to the same dyno for consistency. As a side note, the operator was impressed with our TSI's famously flat torque curve. If any of you guys have graphs, I'd love to see what you pulled stock and/or modified.

sixten

Passed Driver's Ed
wait....I'm confused. Is this a stock (i.e. no mods) dyno or is it with the APR Stage I flash (i.e. no longer "stock" as it came from the factory)????:iono:

Pre-APR flash. It was performed only days before getting the flash. Sorry for the confusion. Post-APR numbers will be posted as soon as I can get an appointment with the dyno facility.