GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MY23 changes

T-bro

Passed Driver's Ed
What does the performance pack do on the Clubsport?
For anyone else wondering the same, this is the spec of the performance pack for the new MY23 Clubsport (using google translate from VW.de):

4 "Scottsdale" alloy wheels 8 J x 19

Increasing the electronic speed limit to 270 km/h

Progressive steering for 19-inch alloy wheels

R performance exhaust system; Rear silencer in titanium - this is the Akrapovic exhaust

Wheel locks with extended anti-theft protection

Tires 235/35R19

As far as I can tell these are all the things the ED45 GTI Clubsport got. Yours for only 3950€ :)

Another thing I noticed on the MY23 Clubsport is that you can now get any paint job as a two tone with a black roof.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
looking at the schematics there are a few differences between the old and new usb module in the front:
The 4 pin connector is different so needs to be replaced and 2 of the wirings going to the pins need to be inverted.
USB conversion.jpg

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Bit confused now. I've seen a few post-june Golfs on youtube now, and while they have the gloss centre console trim, they do not have the silver dashboard strip (shown on page 2 in this thread) - and it does also not show in the UK (nor german or polish) configurator either anymore. Has that been scratched? That'd be great news, just wondering if someone can confirm that this change didn't make the cut.

adam2231

Passed Driver's Ed
Bit confused now. I've seen a few post-june Golfs on youtube now, and while they have the gloss centre console trim, they do not have the silver dashboard strip (shown on page 2 in this thread) - and it does also not show in the UK (nor german or polish) configurator either anymore. Has that been scratched? That'd be great news, just wondering if someone can confirm that this change didn't make the cut.
I think its been scraped. All configurators are now again showing a black trim piece.

No idea why VW made the silver trim piece show on the configurator for months. It looked terrible

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
I think its been scraped. All configurators are now again showing a black trim piece.

No idea why VW made the silver trim piece show on the configurator for months. It looked terrible

It absolutely did, we were gutted when we saw that, hence being keen to confirm that that indeed was scrapped.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie

It absolutely did, we were gutted when we saw that, hence being keen to confirm that that indeed was scrapped.
Historically, VW’s configurator hasn't been renowned for the accuracy of its images - same goes for the accuracy of their marketing / product literature (e.g. errors in the details of a car’s standard spec details, incorrect information on extra cost option availability on some trim levels etc.). Don’t believe everything from VW that you see or read 🤔.

I‘ve seen interior images of cars in the configurator with inaccuracies such as the wrong steering wheel or no steering wheel at all (maybe they introduced a self driving option without telling anyone? 🤣), and a ‘black hole’ where the gear lever or DSG selector should have been.

Maybe VW need to review their test plans for any configurator changes they make before putting the changes live, and perhaps proof checking / checking for accuracy of their marketing / product material wouldn’t go amiss either.

adam2231

Passed Driver's Ed
Historically, VW’s configurator hasn't been renowned for the accuracy of its images - same goes for the accuracy of their marketing / product literature (e.g. errors in the details of a car’s standard spec details, incorrect information on extra cost option availability on some trim levels etc.). Don’t believe everything from VW that you see or read 🤔.

I‘ve seen interior images of cars in the configurator with inaccuracies such as the wrong steering wheel or no steering wheel at all (maybe they introduced a self driving option without telling anyone? 🤣), and a ‘black hole’ where the gear lever or DSG selector should have been.

Maybe VW need to review their test plans for any configurator changes they make before putting the changes live, and perhaps proof checking / checking for accuracy of their marketing / product material wouldn’t go amiss either.
The difference here is that I could see the trim piece being changed. VW are consistently cost cutting so there isn't any reason why they wouldn't continue this.

But yes you're right, their configurator is a mess. Now when I take a look you've got several images that just aren't rendering in correctly so you have missing footwells and door panels are just missing.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Did the usb swap with the newer 45W version:
Remember cable from pin 2 goes to pin 4 and pin 4 goes to pin 2 on the new blue connector.
Also the new usb part is compatibile with the existing cover.
tempImageFbGz63.png
tempImagex4QM76.pngtempImageG4Np0l.pngtempImagefYpdXT.png

Nickopolaidis

Hi All, due to receive my Golf Mk8 R at the end of November. Ordered as a MY22, and now bitterly disappointed to be getting the MY23 with awful piano black centre console (had this on my 2021 M135i and had it wrapped in carbon fibre).

Can anyone please give me the 4 part numbers for the satin effect pieces (as per page 2 of this thread) that was on the MY22 and before? Really want to swap them out ASAP on getting the car, personally I don't believe the gloss black goes with the rest of the console (cup holders etc) which remain satin - looks very cheap and tacky to me.

Thanks!

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Hi All, due to receive my Golf Mk8 R at the end of November. Ordered as a MY22, and now bitterly disappointed to be getting the MY23 with awful piano black centre console (had this on my 2021 M135i and had it wrapped in carbon fibre).

Can anyone please give me the 4 part numbers for the satin effect pieces (as per page 2 of this thread) that was on the MY22 and before? Really want to swap them out ASAP on getting the car, personally I don't believe the gloss black goes with the rest of the console (cup holders etc) which remain satin - looks very cheap and tacky to me.

Thanks!
Sorry, can’t help with the part numbers but I’m with you on disliking piano black trim; IMHO it’s a magnet for dust, and in high contact areas is also a finger print magnet and is prone to scratching and showing swirl marks, so longer term durability may be an issue.

We’re all individuals with our own likes and dislikes (which is a good thing) and some people will prefer piano black trim over matt / satin look trim. Many car manufacturers do seem to think it gives a premium, upmarket look to a car’s interior - I agree with you though and think it does the opposite.

VW even use it on the interior door pulls in some ID.3 models! 😮. Hardly the most suitable or practical material to use in such a high contact area.

Hope someone can help you with the part numbers 🤞.