GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need wiper blades-what's best?

Head_Unit

D'oh I could go to Autozone or Walmart or whatever. However my experience has been all those blades are not really perfect fit, you need to adapt, sometimes they end up loose, I do NOT want to mess around. I want to just replace with exactly the same kind of blade...or the assembly, if the blade is hard to change.* Of course I could spend a bunch of time and money and have the dealer do it but I presume there must be some better place(s) to order the right thing-???

*the driver's side does not come up much before hitting the hood/bonnet...is there a trick to get around that? (No, I haven't tried it with the hood open since that just occurred to me).

gregozedobe

Battle scarred veteran
*the driver's side does not come up much before hitting the hood/bonnet...is there a trick to get around that? (No, I haven't tried it with the hood open since that just occurred to me).

I'm in Oz, so I can't advise on what are the best wiper blades in your country.

But I can help you with better access to fit new blades (or cleaning your windscreen) -

Switch your ignition on, then switch off, then press the wiper control stalk (on the steering column) down once and your blades will move to the service position. When your done, switch the ignition on again and press the wiper stalk down once to move the blades back down to the normal resting position.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I changed the original blades for Bosch Aerotwins. I’ve found they’re silent in operation and provide a nice clean wipe with no streaks. Easy to fit (a five minute job) if you put the wiper arms into the service position that gregozedobe has described above.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
No complaints on having the Bosch ones either. Perfect sweep and zero judder unlike the rubbish original ones front and rear.

Head_Unit

Ah! I had not thought about a service position, had forgotten some cars have that. Also same procedure for my kid's 2009 Jetta? Thanks!

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
I have suffered for a long time with stuttery wiper blades. OEM, Bosch Aerotwin, and Icon all eventually caused it to stutter (even after polishing windshield, trying multiple products, etc.)

I recently switched to the PIAA blades and so far they have been the best, still no stutter and it seems to have been the most effective (no missing spots when wiping). A bit pricier but they supposedly last longer.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Bosch aerotwins.

Bunch of threads identical to this exist. Please search next time