NEUSPEED Power Module

MK7Joe

Ready to race!

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Finally, for the Mk7 GTI! :)

Was an option for me but bit low on power/torque for my liking. Thoughts?

coachfraley

Ready to race!
I'd like to hear from somebody who has used it. I kind of like that it is "moderate" in output considering that the turbo problems have not been identified (to my knowledge).

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I'd like to hear from somebody who has used it. I kind of like that it is "moderate" in output considering that the turbo problems have not been identified (to my knowledge).

Ill look if there's a return policy. I'd be willing to try it if so.

MK7Joe

Ready to race!
my question is, after downpipe install, would there be future software to disable the o2 sensor? maybe some user adjustments?

MikeNickles

Ready to race!
I should be getting it on Thursday or Friday. Review will come this weekend or possibly sooner if I get the device on Thursday. I also have light weight Neuspeed wheels which feels like a power boost in itself.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
I should be getting it on Thursday or Friday. Review will come this weekend or possibly sooner if I get the device on Thursday. I also have light weight Neuspeed wheels which feels like a power boost in itself.

How light are your N/speed rims?

RjRacing

Go Kart Champion
I wonder if you can stack this with tunes like APR when running race gas?

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
I'm still really on the fence about this but I love that you can totally remove the device without a trace... I cannot wait to hear reviews from you guys who buy this. Last night I stumbled across a review where two guys with the gen 3 TSI GLI have these and have some problems with loss of power before the car warms up. That is a bit disturbing to me but it doesn't seem to bother the two GLI guys. One of the guys also had the EPC light come on a few times. As far as I know, however, the ECU for the GLI is different than ours so that could be a factor.

jwilkins88

Ready to race!
I wonder if you can stack this with tunes like APR when running race gas?

That sounds like an awful idea. I don't know how smart this is, but if it's just a signal amplifier, that could result in a huge overboost situation.

At this point, I don't think we're going to be hitting the limits of the motor. It'll definitely be the turbo that's holding us back.

MK7Joe

Ready to race!
got this email back this morning,
Power Module will not disable the oxygen sensor and the only tweaks is the switch for the two different boost levels.
Get a good quality high flow cat down pipe that will not throw a CEL and still pass emissions.
Regards,
Neuspeed Team

everlast556

Passed Driver's Ed
got this email back this morning,
Power Module will not disable the oxygen sensor and the only tweaks is the switch for the two different boost levels.
Get a good quality high flow cat down pipe that will not throw a CEL and still pass emissions.
Regards,
Neuspeed Team

Will the power module throw a CEL on a stock DP?

MK7Joe

Ready to race!
sounds that way since the ecu is not touched. perhaps run a defouler? or hi-flow cat. so I guess there will be no stage 2 gains