GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Car: Opinions? --- SLK55 AMG vs. 135i

Pnguyen1028

Ready to race!
Disregard price as they both are similar in cost. Which one would you rather get and why?

2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG w/ 15,000 miles. Black on black.

http://www.fast-autos.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4664
(Ignore the doors, they are not stock... and it has an aftermarket front lip [kleeman])

Pro's
-Beautiful Car
-Unique and rare
-Roadster
-Used so the price went from the original 68k price tag down to 40k
-Ungodly AMG V8 sound (300 WHP)
-4.3 second 0 to 60
-12.7 1/4 mile stock

Con's
-Used
-Automatic Transmission (A true auto unlike the GTI's DSG)
-No market and potential for power mods (Full exhaust and intake nets about 10 WHP and costs an arm an a leg. Most common mods are cheap and are simply for sound)
-Won't budge the 0 to 60 and 1/4 times with anything besides a super charger

2009 BMW 135i w/ 0 miles NEW. Alpine White with black interior.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226821

Pro's
-In my opinion a beautiful car also but nowhere near as nice as the SLK55
-New
-6 speed manual
-I personally like the BMW interior better
-Easily makes more power than the SLK55 with aftermarket (350 WHP~ with bolt-ons)
-4 seats if I needed it.

Con's
-Not unique. Looks like another BMW
-Hate or love exterior
-No V8 roar

The 135i a better performer in almost every category. It has a 6 speed manual and has quality BMW interior. But I don't know if those things are worth choosing over the SLK55 exterior and the V8 roar. I don't street race often, but I do like letting the car loose once in a while on a deserted road. Beating others in speed isn't a big thing for me, so the sound of the V8 is invigorating, but the feel of 350 spooled turbo WHP feels amazing too. I'll never push the car to it's limits to feel the potential of the 135i over the slk55, but the knowledge that it performs better is pleasing to the mind (you know what I'm talking about...).

I don't know what to choose! Help me out guys with some of your opinions. I'm going to test drive the SLK55 tomorrow.

Last edited:

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
I haven't driven the SLK55 amg, but i've driven both the C55 and E55. If it's anything like the C55, it'll be fun. Given the choice, i'd say go with the 135, it's alot better on gas than the 55 AMGs.

Scharf

Merc

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
benz for the pussy and baller status

bmw for the fun factor

they're both totally different cars

Pirate King

King of Pirates
I'd go with the Mercedes because of this statement right here:

"I'll never push the car to it's limits to feel the potential of the 135i over the slk55"

That and I love V8s.

PureDrive

Go Kart Champion
BMW because it is new, and an awesome little car.........