GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Design Eurojet Turboback Q&A Plus Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
There has been alot of accusations on the new design of Eurojet Exhaust system to help clear up any confusion if you have questions I have answers. Lets keep this informational as possible to the new Eurojet system.

To start this off right the pictures below are from a brand new turboback with cat. This is straight out of the box about 30 minutes ago. And yes it is up for grabs.

Welds: Mig, a good weld is key whether tig or mig if it is even and has proper penetration then there will not be issues

Material: Stainless 304

Cat: Metallic Spun 200 cell

Last edited:

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
It looks no different besides the Eurojet data plate on the suitcase muffler. On mine which is the "older" design the Eurojet name is imprinted in the same spot.

This TBE sounds off the charts good, nothing is perfect but it gets a 9.5/10 from me. It just sounds soooo good. Easily among the top 5 or even top 3 best sounding exhausts you can purchase for the MK6 GTI.

Halvie

WOOSA
It looks no different besides the the Eurojet data plate on the suitcase muffler. On mine which is the "older" design the Eurojet name is imprinted in the same spot.

This TBE sounds off the charts good, nothing is perfect but it gets a 9.5/10 from me. It just sounds soooo good. Easily among the top 5 or even top 3 best sounding exhausts you can purchase for the MK6 GTI.

new or old?

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
new or old?

Both sound exactly the same.

EJ posted up new videos on youtube. The fitment and quality blew the APR TBE I had out of the water.

Here are the vids :

AXO

Go Kart Champion
How much for a 3" Catback system?

crew219

Banned
It looks no different besides the Eurojet data plate on the suitcase muffler. On mine which is the "older" design the Eurojet name is imprinted in the same spot.

Actually it's a lot different.

Yours uses real v-bands. This one uses extruded tubing formed in a v-band like shape.

Yours uses thicker T304 steel.

Yours is also brushed, not polished.

Yours uses TIG welds, this one uses MIG.

Yours uses different mufflers so it wouldn't sound anything like this one.

Just look at all the awful welds by the vbands in this exhaust. Not good for flow at all.

P

plac

Actually it's a lot different.

Yours uses real v-bands. This one uses extruded tubing formed in a v-band like shape.

Yours uses thicker T304 steel.

Yours is also brushed, not polished.

Yours uses TIG welds, this one uses MIG.

Yours uses different mufflers so it wouldn't sound anything like this one.

Just look at all the awful welds by the vbands in this exhaust. Not good for flow at all.

i was gonna say.... maybe its a TAD different... :bellyroll:

It's become quite obvious who has the real Eurojet original exhaust now and it's not Eurojet.

This is a replica and should be viewed as such by anyone looking for the original exhaust. Maybe someone looking for the quality of the original should check out unitronic.

Larry70454

Ready to race!
I don't think the quality is what hurts so much as the price is the same. If it was cheaper, then the lower quality would be expected and this would be a great exhaust. At it's current price there are way better options.

ka_kiluh

Ready to race!
Those v-bands look like doo doo. I have the original version Eurojet downpipe and was waiting for them to go back into production so I could pick up the modular cat. After seeing the quality, I am definitely NOT buying that component.

crew219

Banned
Those v-bands look like doo doo. I have the original version Eurojet downpipe and was waiting for them to go back into production so I could pick up the modular cat. After seeing the quality, I am definitely NOT buying that component.

What's funny is that they still advertise the pics for the old exhaust on their site.

http://eurojetracing.com/exhausts/20t/mk5mk6-high-flow-catalytic-converter

http://eurojetracing.com/exhausts/20t/mk5mk6-20t-modular-v-banded-downpipe

Talk about false advertising :paddle:

Status
Not open for further replies.