GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New MK 7.5 2021 GTI Owner (Cornflower Blue)

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
I’ve had my gti for a few months and one of the mods I really enjoy is the awe exhaust, not too loud but sounds great. I couldn’t imagine going back to stock exhaust after having it, even the exhaust tips look so much better than stock. when I see my neighbors 19 cfb rabbit with stock tips it remind me how much better mine looks in the rear

juskimdh

Car(s)
2021 Volkswagen GTI
That’s awesome man, congrats. Enjoy the car!

I’d recommend going all out on the stock tires, so you’re more likely to replace them quicker. They’re trash, even compared to just a good all season.

Be sure to keep some white lithium or silicone WD40 around for the inevitable squeaks. I did an Armour King Ceramic Coat - $50 and took a few hours, but looks awesome and protects against water/dust really well, along with being super shiny. Something to consider!

One more would be an OBDEleven scanner to do some basic coding things - I personally turned on locking/unlocking with remote while car is on, windows from key fob, and a few other niceties.

Overall, great choice.
Thanks for the info! Appreciate it!

projectTVMK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Audi A3

kevinkar

Drag Racing Champion
Most definitely! I’m looking around my area for a reputable shop to do a clear bra/ceramic coat. Thanks!!!!
I recommend Xpel. Also, don't ceramic coat before the PPF as that makes it harder for the PPF to stick. You can ceramic coat the PPF which will help it resist water spots. And if you can afford it, I recommend PPF on the entire car, not just the front as I got the front, hood, front fenders and roof done but have already gotten some chips on the doors. Wish I had them done too. I also got some deep gouges in the PPF that did not auto heal as they were pretty big rocks apparently. Without the PPF I'd have several big chips in the paint in only 3 years.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
My advice. Leave the forum and don't ever come back...

Because you're going to end up spending thousands and reducing the reliability and drivability of your car. Heed my warning.

Jk. Just make sure and read the thread "mods your wasting your money on" and keep in mind it's a satirical piece so add every suggestion in there

juskimdh

Car(s)
2021 Volkswagen GTI
I recommend Xpel. Also, don't ceramic coat before the PPF as that makes it harder for the PPF to stick. You can ceramic coat the PPF which will help it resist water spots. And if you can afford it, I recommend PPF on the entire car, not just the front as I got the front, hood, front fenders and roof done but have already gotten some chips on the doors. Wish I had them done too. I also got some deep gouges in the PPF that did not auto heal as they were pretty big rocks apparently. Without the PPF I'd have several big chips in the paint in only 3 years.
Thanks for the advice - yeah, I’ve watched some videos on it - I don’t trust myself to do it - found a local, reliable shop.

juskimdh

Car(s)
2021 Volkswagen GTI
My advice. Leave the forum and don't ever come back...

Because you're going to end up spending thousands and reducing the reliability and drivability of your car. Heed my warning.

Jk. Just make sure and read the thread "mods your wasting your money on" and keep in mind it's a satirical piece so add every suggestion in there
😂😂😂 I probably won’t mod it anytime soon... Want to enjoy it stock for now - don’t tempt me!

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Congratulations - love that color!
As others have said, scheduled maintenance but sooner.
I'd also go for a carbon cleaning at around 40k if I had to do things again.
I recently broke a valve spring due to carbon build up at 50k and it was very costly.