GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New South VS AWE

Syxx Shotter

Has an "S" on his chest
Which boost gauge kit do you guys like more? Pro's and con's would be sweet; and thanks in advance.

omegach

Banned
AWE is backordered until at least next year. if you're desperate for a gauge, go w/ NewSouth

Syxx Shotter

Has an "S" on his chest
Not desperate really. Just wondering; I have seen a new south and it feels flimsy and has a compression fitting. IS this type of fitting secure when pressurized?Oh and one more question. I have a forge DV and on the vacuum line it has a port for a boost gauge; can this be used with a new south??

JPGTI

Ready to race!
I am looking at other options right now. I am starting to think I would want to keep the ability to direct airflow from the left vent when I want, so AWE is looking less appealing. Also, I don't like the New South column pod because from the pictures I have seen it looks slightly cheap. That is, the plastic doesn't seem to flow well in terms of quality with the rest of the interior. The triple gauge pod looks pretty appealing, but I have yet to see any good pictures of the unit installed. I couple of custom jobs are floating around and Eurojet unfortunately abandoned there triple gauge pod.

To me this is one market that there are just not enough solutions for as of yet. With all the big turbo kits and these cars now putting down some high HP numbers, you would think a few companies would answer with their own offerings.

Syxx Shotter

Has an "S" on his chest
/\ Thats my exact train of thought. I am holding my very own New South column pod and gauge right now; just came in the mail. And all I can say is I'm utterly let down. The plastic doesn't actually clip in anywhere it's just a cap that sits on top of your steering wheel. My steering wheel doesn't need a damn hat; but my gauge does need security. I'm going to use it until something better comes out; I just won't wire it so it's a temporary fix. New south gets a thumbs down IMO.

crabpot

Awesomesauce
I have New South and I like it a lot, I prefer the look of the column pod versus the vent with AWE. But it doesn't really matter, people haven't been able to get and AWE gauge for months and it doesn't look like you will be able to any time soon.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
sorry off topic but has anyone tried the neuspeed one? for 30$ it's the poor man's boost gauge, but there is so much shit i want to do it is all that is reasonable for me right now.

Brandon@BSH

Car(s)
MKV GLI
sorry off topic but has anyone tried the neuspeed one? for 30$ it's the poor man's boost gauge, but there is so much shit i want to do it is all that is reasonable for me right now.

Sort of... If its the product im thinking of HERE
You would also have to buy some sort of gauge holder, i would strongly advise not to let your gauge float around aimlessly, it makes gauges want to :cry: !

We have the blue or red led VDO gauges with a column pod on sale for 79.99.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus

i'd recommend against just getting the boost gauge alone, but if you must, be sure to properly restrain it, even if it's with duct tape or whatever. granted, duct tape would look ugly as hell, but it's better than having it floating around.

97C280

Stage 2
Newsouth is pretty cheap compared to other gauge kits. The only thing I don't like about it, is where its mounted. It seems to block part of your cluster's view. I don't have one but from pictures I see, it seems like it would. I'm thinking of getting a guage soon and newsouth was top of my list cause of the pricing.