GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New TPI's for the Travel Assist/Emergency Assist warning errors.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
Seven new Tpi's have appeared on VW Erwin on the 20/03/2023. I have made a document that explains which pr-codes and steering wheel installed are affected by these.
Also there needs to be at least one fault in one of the control units described in those TPI's.
The malfunction frequency counter request has been removed.

Steering Wheel Exchange.png

Last edited:

Dhiller007

Just for confirmation, this list is only for the ''Heated Steering Wheel'' or does this also apply to the normal steering wheel ?

M4ttV

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks. for the TPI info. Good to know it is not just our car getting these errors all the time. Now there is a TPI I might take it in to the garage.
I'll also try for the 3rd time to get them to fix the "Currently unable to charge the mobile device. Please remove all other items from the mobile phone tray." issue that I think TPI 2058294/5 fixes but they just ignore me as I think they don't want to replace the part.

chasdrury

My '22 GTI went to the dealer today for the emergency assist & travel assist lights coming on randomly... It's one of the affected by the TPI above. I need a new wheel.

VW US are not giving the cars back to customers as it's a safety risk (apparently) to drive it. I would think it's more a risk of getting sued is there is a crash. I am in a loaner now for AT LEAST 2 months as that's how long the wait is for the wheels. The dealership has a bunch of Tiguans waiting for wheels, i am the first Golf.....

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
No those are the pr-codes of the car.
These are the "event entries" which need to be logged sporadically or statically:

In the ACC unit (0013) - U112300: data bus, received error value ‒ Symptom: 2418

and/or

In the Gateway unit (0019):
B17B8F2: control unit for steering wheel touch detection sensor fault ‒ Symptom: 8786912
and/or
U133E00: control unit for steering wheel touch detection, no communication - Symptom: 197438
and/or
U133E00: control unit for steering wheel touch detection, no communication ‒ Symptom: 197170

and/or

In the front camera for driver assist systems (A5):
U112300: data bus, received error value ‒ Symptom: 1124393
and/or
U112300: data bus, received error value ‒ Symptom: 1124477

Reactions: I-A

I-A

Thanks. for the TPI info. Good to know it is not just our car getting these errors all the time. Now there is a TPI I might take it in to the garage.
I'll also try for the 3rd time to get them to fix the "Currently unable to charge the mobile device. Please remove all other items from the mobile phone tray." issue that I think TPI 2058294/5 fixes but they just ignore me as I think they don't want to replace the part.
How did you get on?

Thank you

I-A

Turns out that a private user cannot get the PR numbers...this is the key bit of info we need really!

How does you go about translating a PR number into a symptom number? (as the syptom number can be found within a VCDS scan).

1703872641155.png

Thank you