GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NFL Draft Discussion

rbradleymedmd

Go Kart Champion
Figured since the 1st round was less than a week away, we should get some discussions going...

Who do you like in the draft?
What does your team need and who should they draft?
Sleepers in rounds 3-7?

Just a couple of thoughts...not really questions...just seeing what people think. Watched J. Gruden's SportsCenter QB Camp last night...pretty watered down, but entertaining nonetheless. Will be interesting to see where those guys end up.

As for me...I'm really hoping my Chiefs will finally pick up some help in that awful secondary. We've drafted so many front seven guys in the past couple of years...would be nice to see them take a playmaker in the defensive backfield (E. Berry would fit nicely). In addition, just keep adding to that offensive line and possibly pick up a sleeper WR in round 3-4.

applemonkey

I've got hoes
those j. gruden sessions were really dumb and pointless. I'mm a bears fan therefore this draft means nothing because we have basically no picks.

rbradleymedmd

Go Kart Champion
those j. gruden sessions were really dumb and pointless.

I agree, but it did give a little insight to their personalities. I'm not really sold on Bradford...I'm not sure if he's willing to put in the work to become that elite QB (which a #1 pick should become). Tebow and McCoy aren't the most talented, but you can tell they will work as hard as possible to achieve their goals. J. Classen...really no idea how he'll turn out...I don't think he'll even become an elite QB, but I think he could definitely start and win for a team down the road.

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
I like John Gruden and thought they did a good job with his QB Camp show. You could tell it was more geared towards entertaining than actually training the QB's.

I was kind of surprised how nice John Gruden was to Tim Teebow, I mean, John seemed to be kissing up to him more than either of the other 3 QB's and pretty much everyone is thinking Teebow has the least chance at being successful in the NFL.

That being said, who really knows... QB's are extremely difficult in predicting their NFL success.

applemonkey

I've got hoes
j. clausen has the skillset but hasnt shown me the mental capacity. But it seems to me that clausen is the most talented out of this group just by throwing capabilities and athletic abilities. Personally you are taking a gamble taking any of these quarterbacks, because none of them are that peyton or eli type quarterback.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
I thought Gruden actually picked on Tebow a little bit. I mean, he was kind about it. But definitely let him know he's got some bad faults he needs to work on.

I'm a die hard Browns fan...and we've been getting a lot of talk lately. I don't think we'll trade all of our picks for Bradford #1 like they were saying...no need to. Holmgrens just stirring the pot. Speaking of which, I can honestly say that with Holmgren at the helm...it's the best I've felt as a Browns fan in a while. Building teams has been a specialty of his, and hopefully that hasn't worn off just yet.

The world/NFL wants the Browns to be good. I remember when they went 500 a few season's back, the NFL gave them 3 Monday Night games or something like that (and tossed in a couple Sunday Night games). They wanna give the Browns their time, but need them to get a decent record first. Hopefully that's just around the bend. But I'm from Cleveland, so I don't expect it.

applemonkey

I've got hoes
makes no sense for the browns to trade up... absolutely none. Bradford is not the be all end all type of quarterback. If the browns trade their picks you will be hurting yourself for years down the line.

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid
I liked Gruden telling them how it is, he has a ring, he is allowed. Nice to see someone not coddle this players since they have proven nothing in the NFL.

If I had to pick I would say Clausen or Bradford will excel the most on Sundays.

bradford is a fragile ballerina. fuck the sooners!

i digress....SUH or Eric Berry will have the most impact i think in the first 3 years after this draft. freakish athletes and just outstanding ability. I am a Texas fan and i think that the most dominant performance i have ever seen in a game ever was when Neb played us and Suh just made us look silly. Suh will be an amazing pro player and i cant wait to see what he does. IMO, he should be #1 pick overall. best player. but, i know team needs supersede best overall player. I dont think any of these QBs will have a significant impact for 4-5 years. Bradford gets hit hard again and he is done. Even my man McCoy wont do much for awhile. I hope the Colts or PATS pick him or shipley up. To learn from manning or brady would make these guys amazing IMO. McCoy in the right set will be amazing. Im still not over the BCS Title game and think that he could have came back. some of my buddies had class with him and talk to him about it. I was sad to see it. McCoy is a dual threat. Throw first mentality, but if you leave him some room, he is gone. I have many videos if you gents would like to see. i am praying Indy or NE picks him up. cant wait.

FUCK OU

applemonkey

I've got hoes
I liked Gruden telling them how it is, he has a ring, he is allowed. Nice to see someone not coddle this players since they have proven nothing in the NFL.

If I had to pick I would say Clausen or Bradford will excel the most on Sundays.

some people respond better to coddling. But i see none of these quarterbacks being spectacular on sundays.

applemonkey

I've got hoes
I will have to agree with eric berry and suh, this draft is very heavy skilled on the defensive side. Eric berry covers so much ground and can really stare down a qb. He has the most upside.

rbradleymedmd

Go Kart Champion
Btw, did anyone notice that the first pick isn't until 7:30pm (EST)? If every team takes the fully allotted time...it won't end until a little before 1:00am (EST)...that's pretty damn late considering it's a Thursday.

huskeR32

Ready to race!
I'm with Wolfpack about Suh should be #1, but of course I'm a little biased about a former Husker :biggrin: He KILLED Texas in that Big 12 title game. Don't even get me started on how that game ended...

As for the draft itself, I hate the amount of time that's spent on this shit every year. To me, there is absolutely no value to sitting and watching this damn thing, and the hype and attention leading up to it is ridiculous. I'd much rather turn on Sportscenter and hear about baseball this month, but instead it's always yet another "mock" draft or one more Tebow story :thumbdown: