GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nissan 370Z vs. BMW 135i

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/Comparos/articleId=137806

That 370Z is looking REALLY nice. Porsche Cayman performance for 30-40 grand less in price! And from what Edmunds.com seems to think, better than the 135i. Granted, the 135i does do certain things better that other people may like. Me personally, I'll take the 370Z. I've loved Zs ever since I started driving.

And it stops shorter than a 911 with carbon-ceramic brakes!!?
0.97g skidpad grip!???!

This thing is crazy for the money you pay for it.

toproy

Ricer hunter
I used to love the look and interiors of the Bi turbo Z, I have never liked the extreme roundness of the newer one, especially on the back.

And call me crazy but I don't like the sound it makes, I know many love it but I just don't. Maybe my brain is hardwired to only like multiples of 4 sounds.

It does look like it can kick some serious ass, but in a car like this, what you are most interested (or at least me) is amount of moist and dropped panties per mile.

A Corvette will provide plenty, a 3 and up series BMW, gets you laid... guaranteed, a Porsche will even get most MILFs craving your bones the Z.... meeeh... not so much. It is a nerd's car by all means.

Only people who know about cars, who know plenty that is, know it is a kick ass machine, pretty much like the GTR.

The 1 series looks like a retarded BMW in my opinion, I don't like it a tiny bit.

The Cayman is an aberration to the Porshe bloodline as terrible as the Cayenne, so I am not even wasting keystrokes on that one.

With all that said, I wouldn't mind owning one for the track, but that is about the only place I would use it. (a 370Z that is)

Last edited:

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
the cayman, actually would be better than a 911 if it were given the same engine/suspension tuning as the 911. know why? weight balance. the cayman is mid-engined, offering better balance than having most of the weight on the back.

this is up for debate, but I believe the cayman would smoke a 911 if it were given a real chance. I agree though, the cayman as it is right now isn't that great, because it was only built to fill the void between the boxter and the 911. it's good, but it could have been so much better if porsche had decided to build a car rather than a filler.

that aside, I like owning a car that only people who know cars will realize it kicks ass. makes it more of a sleeper for the general public.

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
A Corvette will provide plenty, a 3 and up series BMW, gets you laid... guaranteed, a Porshe will even get most MILFs craving your bones the Z.... meeeh... not so much. It is a nerd's car by all means.

The Cayman is an aberration to the Porshe bloodline as terrible as the Cayenne, so I am not even wasting keystrokes on that one.

looks like you're droppin plenty of panties :lol:

if you need a car to get women, you've got screwed up values

and the cayman is an aberration? prepare to get flamed

btw it's porsche

Last edited:

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
It does look like it can kick some serious ass, but in a car like this, what you are most interested (or at least me) is amount of moist and dropped panties per mile. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

A Corvette will provide plenty of trailer park whores, a 3 and up series BMW, gets you laid if you have no other way of attracting women... guaranteed, a Porshe will even get most MILFs craving your bones the Z.... meeeh... not so much. It is a nerd's car by all means.

With all that said, I wouldn't mind owning one for the track, but that is about the only place I would use it.
As others have said... The Cayman S is a great Porsche that was purpose built to fill a void. If Porsche wanted to build another 911, they would just build another 911. It's like expecting every Ferrari to be an Enzo. It's a foolish and uninformed comment from a childlike mind.

I can't understand why anyone would sit and talk shit about a Cayman while they themselves drive a GTI.

toproy

Ricer hunter
I don't mind getting flamed... and no, I don't need a car to get panties, I used to get them aplenty with a VW sedan, it is just that you work less when you drive one of these.

I drive a GTI because it is convenient, cheap, easy on the gas, low insurance... just way cheaper to operate than my M3 which I rather keep in the lower miles.

The GTI replaced a TDI so I think it is a fair trade, and yes, the GTI is a fantastic vehicle in its own segment.

The Cayman is just a piece of crap, and I could own one tomorrow with a phone call... or a 911 for that matter, I just choose not to.

Kids... its just cars... not politics and is not like I am talking about your mama's...

And dropping panties is just something to say.. come on now...

toproy

Ricer hunter
It's a foolish and uninformed comment from a childlike mind.

I can't understand why anyone would sit and talk shit about a Cayman while they themselves drive a GTI.

Have you ever test drove one?

If you have, then we just have different opinions... if you haven't then the one who is misinformed is you because you shouldn't judge a super car just by magazine review and the comments kids make about their daddies cars.

Remember... opinions are just like assholes.

Oh, and thank you all so much for the spell check, seems that Mozilla doesn't catch the difference between Porshe and Porsche. Man... God forbid I ever miss a C or an S here again!!!

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
sorry but from the looks of that post (and sig) you seem to either be one of those rich pricks that talks about how much they have, or wishes to be one of those rich pricks

and btw you can S my C :biggrin: (sorry i had to do it once you pointed out those 2 letters)

toproy

Ricer hunter
sorry but from the looks of that post (and sig) you seem to either be one of those rich pricks that talks about how much they have, or wishes to be one of those rich pricks

and btw you can S my C :biggrin: (sorry i had to do it once you pointed out those 2 letters)

Si Killer, wow, what a undertaking that must be... killing Hondas left and right are we? Good for you.

Anyway, that sig is something I thought was funny and in fact is a direct quote from an article in Edmund's, so not my words... but funny nevertheless because (not that you care but since you decided to attack me personally) my ex wife did cheated on me with the owner of an Audi S6, who was a loan broker and now in this economy is looking for a job and drives a very cool Mitsubishi Diamante (what comes around...)

yea yea... I can S your C, but I would need to find it first now wouldn't I?

But I didn't know you like to play with boys like that... but now that is all in the open, I guess you feel like a weight has been lifted from you! :thumbsup: congrats! I hope mommy and daddy will understand... I am sure they will.

Now you can go and trade that GTI for something more suiting... like say... a Beetle convertible with flower wheels and all.

And no... I am far from rich, just happen to like my toys and I work hard to get them, pretty much like anyone around here... and yes.. I have made some good financial decisions that have presented me with a rather comfortable life.

But there is no need to hate my man... just drop the juice, get a nice little career and you might be taken seriously in a Porsche sales floor someday and you can be the smiling new owner of a glorious... Cayman (what the fuck kind of name is that... the pepper and the lizard... I mean, what the hell was Porsche thinking, and now they will amuse us all with the stretched 911).

It ain't that hard.

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
lol all i was saying was from your post and sig (who you have quoted as you), it makes you look like a prick. not saying you are one, just saying it made you appear that way.

the s my c comment was a play on letters as i stated and was a joke, nothing more.

my name is si killer as a joke because people hate on hondas so much. my next car is gonna be an s2000, so i have much love for hondas as well as dubs.

as for the cayman, it's a great car that's been proven to handle excellently. the upcoming panmera and cayenne are pretty lame though, i can agree with you there.

toproy

Ricer hunter
Well see, if you hate Hondas so much then we agree in something ;-)

Look, my point with the Cayenne, like I said... just a POV, why does Porsche thinks it needs to feel a "void"?

The truth is that sales of the Cayman have been terrible and what in the world is wrong with a Boxster S to make you want to spend just a little more and get an almost good great car?

Wouldn't you rather save an extra year and get a Black bad ass basic 911?

If you get an all options all upgrades Cayman you get a car that is almost as good as a basic 911 but costs more! Believe me... I know, I went to check it out, I was even exited because I am on that segment that can not comfortably afford a 911 hence should not buy one but when I saw it, I drove it, I did the tango... it was just not there, it felt like an expensive VW.

By the way, sorry for hijacking the thread, but this got interesting.

Even the color selection of the Cayman is funky. The filling the void game is best left to Audi, BMW, VW etc. who need to have a flavor for everyone.

On the Cayenne... what can I say, it says "Trying to hard" all over the place. The one that is marginally wort it is ridiculously expensive, yes it is nice inside way nicer than a Hummer (my brother in law has a 911, a Boxter S, a Hummer and a Cayenne S) but I just don't see how come Porsche decided they were meant to make family cars that look like a 911 with canckles.

Is like if Ferrari decided they are going to make mini vans, or pick up trucks.

Aren't the Toureg/Q7 (as nice and luxurious as the Cayenne and the same wheelbase) nice enough? And they look better on Soccer moms which is what these things were meant to be. Hell, even an X5 is better looking.

S2000 huh?

I envy you, if I dind't have to haul groceries, a baby car seat with daughter (who threw all over my back seat yesterday... this is why the M3 lives in the garage) I would have bought the S2000.

I have driven them, I even got a quote and a weekend test drive, mine was black with red leather interiors... so sweet... but the wife said... no way in hell with two seats...

So do it now while you can and then call me to go cruise on it but I will still not S-hift your C-ayman. :wink:

Last edited:

Si Killer

RIP BOVICE
the cayman and carrera are different cars though. it really depends on what you want to do. if you're planning on tracking the car, the cayman is the way to go with better handling and weight distribution. if you're daily driving it or planning to go on long cruises, the carrera is the way to go with its larger size and more powerful engine. you might think the cayman is dumb because all it is is a fixed roof boxster, but i think that's what so brilliant about it. the boxster was designed to handle like a porsche and they wanted it as rigid as possible so it could compete with coupes in its class and price range. they succeeded. then they decided to have a fixed roof model, making the handling and response just about perfect.

i haven't driven one myself, but i have researched quite a bit on them and have yet to read a bad review. you may have tested one, but did you get a chance to really drive it and compare it to the 911? if so, then to each his own

and yeah, the s2000 is a few months down the road. i wanna get a 2 seater before i have to grow up haha

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
Have you ever test drove one?

If you have, then we just have different opinions... if you haven't then the one who is misinformed is you because you shouldn't judge a super car just by magazine review and the comments kids make about their daddies cars.

Remember... opinions are just like assholes.

The Cayman is just a piece of crap, and I could own one tomorrow with a phone call... or a 911 for that matter, I just choose not to.
Oh wow, you've actually driven a Cayman? Can you tell me what it's like to drive a nice car?

As a matter of fact I have test driven one. You continuously talk to Si Killer as if he's some child yet he still manages to construct entire paragraphs that are not riddled with spelling errors. Regardless of his age, he is a contributing member of this forum who treats others with respect. You're new around here. You seem like quite a pompous ass and talk a ton of shit for someone who only recently joined this community.

Last edited: