GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nissan GTR reprogrammed to 'fix' transmission failures.

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
http://blogs.edmunds.com/roadtests/2009/02/2009-nissan-gt-r-reprogrammed-our-gt-r-gets-quicker.html

So it seems that after the reprogramming, the car is now faster with the VDC on or off than it was before being reprogrammed.

Nissan offered to reprogram the cars so that people could use launch control without worrying about voiding the warranty, so long as VDC stays on, that is.

So for those of you 'haters', or people who were being hard on the car because of this launch control issue, any responses (I don't mean to sound immature here, sorry if I am)? I've been behind this car all along and I'm sorry if you don't like it, but I think Nissan was able to fix the issue here if not make it better.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
it's still a big failure on their part releasing a car like that then telling the owners they can't drive it

PhillyB

Faster Than You
I'm not aware if this is a new reprogram, but as far as i know there is only one reprogram out for the gtr. it was released roughly when the car itself dropped and its a minor reprogram to insure emissions is met.

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
it's still a big failure on their part releasing a car like that then telling the owners they can't drive it
I agree, don't get me wrong, but I feel that this solution makes good on that past failure.

Not to mention, only about 1% of GT-Rs had failures before. There's another Edmunds.com article that covered all that jazz.

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
I don't care how fast it is, to me it is HELLA OOGGLLYY. That's just me though. Plus, for that price, I'd rather get an M3 or an Audi RS4. With the market mark up, I can get an M5. Again, just my humble opinion.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Well, at least they're taking steps in the right direction. Good for them. Hopefully this issue can be completely resolved. I'd hate to see the GTR go down because of something like this.

notkool59

Go Kart Champion
Glad to see they actually did something about if for FUTURE owners. What about the people that they fucked already?

norsairius

Go Kart Newbie
Glad to see they actually did something about if for FUTURE owners. What about the people that they fucked already?
Apparently they've been dealing with those people on a case-by-case basis, regardless of the fact that they've supposedly signed a waiver that says using launch control will void their warranty.

This reprogramming, by the way, is supposed to stop the transmission from going kaput, if I'm not mistaken.

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion

This isn't like the CLK-GTR that could literally not be driven. You could drive it just fine even under hard driving, however, repeated standing launches would damage the car. Now I asks ya... How many times a day do you think the average Ferrari owner does a standing launch? It's just such an exaggeration to say that the cars can't be driven. Heck, the Murcielago in the Bull Run last year needed a new transmission after a race of normal driving.