GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No BMW in the garage, 1st time in 12 years. Had to fix that.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
So I decided I need to find another Z4M coupé. I bought one new in 2007 and sold it in 2015, because I'd been lusting after an E39 M5 for years. Well, that relationship didn't work out and I sold the M5 a year later (replacing it with my R). I've been desperately missing the Z4M since shortly after giving it up.

Might take months or even a year or more to find the "right" Z4MC. I start with EAG, an M-car dealer in Cincinnati who scoops up and refurbs only the cream of the crop - then sells them at above-market prices after going through them top to bottom. They have a few, as always, but none are right, especially at the high ask. I scour the rest of the market, nothing. But then I found an old forum post buried 3 pages deep - the car is perfect. Space Gray, a stunning and '08-only color, of 48 of which were built for our market. No navigation - an absolute must for me as it's a real turd on this car and sits in a flipper screen in the middle of the dash. Black interior with carbon leather trim. Never seen inclement weather. Primo condition, and only 34k miles. Asking $37,500, but not sure he even wants to sell, hence no bump after initially posting it.

I inquire about its availability. Still unsure he wants to sell but seems to be leaning that way. I offer $34k, pointing out that Inspection 1 is due and is expensive, plus I'll have to deal with transportation costs (it's in New Jersey). He counters at $34.5k. I jump at it. I fly in on 11/4 to consummate the deal and it's trucked home shortly afterwards. Truly a great buy, and the market seems headed further upward as these cars are finally getting the respect they deserve. Can't wait to get her home!

https://youtu.be/Ix2zFVInkgs

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
Oh my, that's very nice! Sadly, where I live a RWD car is only viable as a part-year ride, and I don't have any room for any more cars (my car and my wife's SUV take up the garage, and here, you need a garage).