GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No voice control

daveb15

Ready to race!
I know that the advanced voice control is extra but I believed that all Golfs still came with the basic voice control with the steering wheel button press, however when I press the button on my steering wheel II get a message function not available.

Petercoll

Passed Driver's Ed
My Life spec UK Golf doesn’t come with it. It wasn‘t shown as standard in the brochure when I ordered it.

Pete

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Screenshot from the April 2020 Golf 8 brochure suggests that you had upgrade to the Nav Pro media unit to get voice control.

Link to the April 2020 brochure below;

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/idhub/...-present)/vw_golf_2020-present_april_2020.pdf

And here’s the screenshot;
8279AEC9-5A1E-4164-A801-50298F9BFCA8.jpeg

daveb15

Ready to race!
Yes I see but that is the voice activated control, where you say hello Volkswagen and then say I’m cold or I’m hot. But there should be a basic version that has limited functionality as standard.

daveb15

Ready to race!
According to the manual the is standard voice control and advanced voice control, I thought the advanced one was what you paid extra for.

Attachments

• A8B2EDCC-D857-48E3-A4A0-F9BEAD4F8CEC.jpeg
    A8B2EDCC-D857-48E3-A4A0-F9BEAD4F8CEC.jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 89

orlinst

Passed Driver's Ed
The two versions of the voice control depend on the selected language. In my case i use bulgarian and the voice control is basic - e.g. navigate to..., call someone, etc. If i switch in english or german i am able to use the extended and more native voice control, not the command like in standard mode.