GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Noise coming from the center console

MysteriousWays

Hello everyone,
I have a brand new golf mk8 with only 5k kms on it.
There is a clicking/rattling sound coming from the center console, i believe somewhere to the right side of the place where we put our mobiles to charge. It only happens when i accelerate from a full stop to 1st 2nd gear then its gone. Also is more noticable when the car is inclined and i accelerate. Any ideas what it might be? I had another noise from the dash, took it to the dearlership and is fixed , now i got this one.. its driving me crazy.
Thank you guys

Attachments

• 20210914_181751.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 231

ah184

Passed Driver's Ed
I have something like this as well and the VW dealer technician spent hours confirming what it was by dismantling parts of the air vents, centre console and test driving it each time until the entire centre console was removed. They confirmed that it was the cup holder section. Unfortunately that bit can't be replaced on its own so they have ordered a new replacement centre console which will be fitted when it arrives, all under warranty.

MysteriousWays

I have something like this as well and the VW dealer technician spent hours confirming what it was by dismantling parts of the air vents, centre console and test driving it each time until the entire centre console was removed. They confirmed that it was the cup holder section. Unfortunately that bit can't be replaced on its own so they have ordered a new replacement centre console which will be fitted when it arrives, all under warranty.
Perfect! Hope you fix it, i have already scheduled a visit to the vw dealer lets see if they can fix it aswell

tos

Go Kart Newbie
My right door makes noise.
They (vw) took the door card away and check it... nothing.
70hz test tone makes it buzz, and it goes away when you touch the panel...

MysteriousWays

My right door makes noise.
They (vw) took the door card away and check it... nothing.
70hz test tone makes it buzz, and it goes away when you touch the panel...
Probably the plastic rubbing against the metalic part of the door? Try to isolate that using foam, may work.

Handydave

Go Kart Newbie
Our Mk8 had a buzzing type rattle coming from the centre console. It was intermittent - I think temperature related - and quite faint. But once you’ve heard it, you can’t unhear it and it’s annoying….

Asked the dealer to investigate when the car was in for service, but they said they could not replicate.

I discovered that it could be stopped by pressing the left side of the console next to the drinks holder. Cured it by pushing a couple of sponges up inside the console, from where the plastic meets the carpet.….

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
As above. Such things can drive one to distraction as once you know it's there, you listen & wait for it each time. A bit like taking a phone or small electrical device apart; you click it back together but it often needs on final squeeze to 'snap' everything back into place....

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Once had an annoying door rattle in a Peugeot 206, sounded exactly like a peanut rattling around inside a drinks can. Turned out to be an unclipped wire rattling about, but, yeh was annoying until fixed....

MysteriousWays

Short update, took it to the dealership , its fixed. Idk what they did, i got the car afterhours, but its gone. Finally i found peace. And yeah, these shouldnt be happening in 2021... i also got a software update , if u guys take the car to the vw dealership for some reason they will do that update to fix some bugs. Nevertheless, in that matter i never got any issues with my infotainment, works perfect

Brakspear

I'm sorry to hear that. It's doing my nut in as well!

Good luck with getting it sorted - let us know how you get on.