GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Notable Connections, LinkedIn or Otherwise

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
As a relative nobody, I've been fortunate to have been able to have as connections or even connect with some of the people I look up to:
  • Randy Pobst (Motortrend Hot Lapper)- LinkedIn
  • Nico Rosberg (2016 F1 World Champion) - LinkedIn
  • Jason Cammisa (has degrees in over all car knowledge) - LinkedIn
  • Mark Wolters (Wolters World on YT for travelling) - LinkedIn
  • Adam McKay (writer FStopers for photography) - LinkedIn
    ...and several local News personalities that Vancouverites would know.
My biggest highlight was an email exchange with Chris Bangle, former head of design for BMW Group and known for the "Bangle Butt 7-series". I sent him a website I built about how he's been an inspiration in my life during my design program.

Just wanted to share this little tidbit I'm proud of :)

Anyone else want to share too?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I mean I used to work on a lot of peoples cars, not sure if that is the same type of "connection" you're talking about. Much fewer as far as having personal contact information.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
I definitely have never had any contact, much less personal, with any of these

I suppose I just wanted to share this with people who might appreciate it - at least the car-related ones.

That said, only Jason Cammisa (and Mark Wilfred) actually looked at my LinkedIn profile before adding me. Nico, Randy and the rest just accepted my requests haha.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I guess I don't know anyone big in the car world haha. I started my first car dealer job in Ft Lauderdale. I remember Jason Taylor had a couple of matching white Mercedes. It was noted that he kept plenty of lotion in stock, so all the techs started calling him Ashy Jason. Obviously there was a very diverse group of guys working there. Also I recall working on Scottie Pippen's car on numerous occasions(mostly dead batteries lol).. Met Shaq at the apartment I had over there.. Probably the biggest baller I met along the way nobody even knows haha

KevinC

Autocross Champion
I met Cammisa in 2000 when he was still in college, in his early years of Scirocco ownership, at Waterfest in New Jersey. Who knew he'd grow up to be Adam Sandler??

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
For LinkedIn i try not to add anyone that may not be beneficial for me and my program, it's not facebook after all. So i have lots of designers/3d modelers on mine in either in the business or graduating soon that will be in