GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NYC/BROOKLYN/LONG ISLAND MEETUPS WANTED !

GarsamD

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Hey guys, just got back in the car scene with my GTI. Just wondering if there are any local car meets in the areas of NYC, Brooklyn, and Long Island. Thanks in advance guys !

Z27

Ready to race!
I'd like to participate if there will be an event.

SSV3NOM

Passed Driver's Ed
Seeing as how there hasn't been a response to this thread.. I guess there isn't much of a GTI "scene" in LI/NYC :\

JSoler

Ready to race!
im here in the LI area, but havent seen many, In fact Ive seen one mk7 gti period lol. Maybe we can change that!

Im interested in meet ups as well!

SSV3NOM

Passed Driver's Ed
im here in the LI area, but havent seen many, In fact Ive seen one mk7 gti period lol. Maybe we can change that!

Im interested in meet ups as well!

I've seen a few near where I work in a Port Washington. Definitely rare though... lol.

Yeh any other LI/Queens/Bklyn people on here!?

GarsamD

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
Yes mk7s have been a rare sight in the area, not gonna lie I get kinda excited when I actually do see one. Probably at most seen about 2 ever since I got mine and that's about it. Maybe when this harsh winter is over we can do a meet with the few that are on here.

SSV3NOM

Passed Driver's Ed
Haha definitely. I also get excited. Mostly MK6 around.. But I still get the "nod" sometimes haha

JSoler

Ready to race!
Anyone on here have a vag com? I'll supply the beer if you'll let me use it to program my key fob to roll up and down my windows by holding the buttons

BrianfCheng1

Ready to race!
I'm in for some vag com work too. Also I would love to meet up when more people have the car lol. I saw only two other mk7 in the wild.

JSoler

Ready to race!
I met a dude in ronkonkoma who's getting a pp silver gti. I used his vagcom for the fob windows, ESC disable, background change, xds settings, amongst others

Z27

Ready to race!
I'm in need of some VAGCOM too!

I can't find that post with all the possible VAGCOM mods. Anyone have it handy?

JSoler

Ready to race!
I'm in need of some VAGCOM too!

I can't find that post with all the possible VAGCOM mods. Anyone have it handy?
I did the windows, ESC delete, crash brake lights were attempted don't know of it worked lol (flashing tails when abs is activated on hard braking) infotainment background change, gas remaining mod I few others I can't think of at the moment

SSV3NOM

Passed Driver's Ed
Car is currently in the shop for a blown turbo though... Read my story on the blown turbo thread or the Eurodyne tuning thread.

Yeah I just saw that.

Think I'm definitely leaning towards a EuroDyne tune now..

Especially with the self flashing capability.

Has anyone ever had any work done at TyrolSport?

I'm thinking about getting an exhaust.. their website and Instagram pics definitely impress.