GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

O2 Sensor Help

joshgreensauce

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hey guys, so I got a code for p0036/50a6 O2 Sensor heater control circuit on my 2015 GTI. I checked the sb8 fuses and all the fuses actually in the engine bay and non were blown. I changed the O2 sensor (OEM) and I am getting the CEL still. Any help? I'm stratified tuned if that matters.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hey guys, so I got a code for p0036/50a6 O2 Sensor heater control circuit on my 2015 GTI. I checked the sb8 fuses and all the fuses actually in the engine bay and non were blown. I changed the O2 sensor (OEM) and I am getting the CEL still. Any help? I'm stratified tuned if that matters.

Did you delete the code to see if it comes back? I guess you know by know not to go buy parts and spend money you didn't need to. Codes are tricky.

joshgreensauce

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Did you ever figure out what this is? Would love an update, having similar issue. Thanks
How many miles are on your GTI? I ended up buying a replacement O2 sensor (OEM) and the issue has been resolved. I think it took like 2 code clears for it to stop coming back I have no idea why. So at first I thought replacing the O2 sensor didn't solve the issue but I guess it did.

Only code i have now is O2 sensor 2 delay in response because i have a o2 spacer on my downpipe.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Some codes require driving around ~50 miles before they'll clear

bicycle019

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the update, appreciated. Took until the third cold start for my light to actually go out, even though I'd clear the code with both my Cobb Accessport and a generic Bluetooth OBD code reader w/Torque app. Wonder if I could have cleared it my VCDS cable, unfortunately didn't bring it with me and was on a road trip.

Light eventually went out, but I knew things were better as the new sensor solved the drive-ability problems immediately. No idle stumble or hesitation as boost started to build as previous.