GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Off Topic Random Chat v5.8 - Memes and Gifs Welcomed

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Legit aioli is just garlic and olive oil. But pretty much everyone else uses an emulsifier like eggs. But just slapping garlic into mayo is kinda the lazy way.
My chef buddy taught me how to make it with garlic, olive oil, eggs and lemon - comes out great.

In theory its different but even the best chefs in the world use eggs, mayo and just mix in shit.. quite literally no taste difference. Lets all luls that 99% of places call flavored mayo , aioli. Likely youll never have true aioli unless at home, just the facts.

One of my favorite meals has to be a nashville hot sandwich with a lightly mayo'd slaw, some pickles and waffle fries with some honey mustard / chicken sauce on the side. Gotta have the pickles to add some tang and the slaw is the vessel of flavor that melts over the top of the spicyness...creates almost a spicy aioli as it drips over the crunchy spiced chicken. Only way to eat it.

Next up, the only the way to eat a brautwurst is with kraut and spicy mustard. (Also with a beer) Change my mind torga.

Damn i should be a food blogger.

torga

Autocross Champion
There's a Nashville Hot place in town and they butchered it! Tried to go for a "super spicy" thing, used Ghost Pepper, Carolina Reaper and Pepper X. It was pretty spicy, but not the worst - maybe an 7/10 - but there was no flavor! It was terrible! And the sauce had this gritty texture, like water-dilluted peanut butter. Still never had true Nashville Hot.
Imagine this: make some decent fries. Let them cool to room temp. Stick them in the fridge for a few days. Take them out and let them naturally come back up to room temp. THOSE WERE THEIR FRIES. Disgusting.

torga

Autocross Champion
Also a huge fan of Cuban sammiches.
There's a place in town that makes a meeeean pernil sandwich. Delicious and garlicky. Their Cuban is very good, too. And their fried yuca! Goddamn.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I also eat Moe's once a week, so you could say I'm pretty cultural.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Legit aioli is just garlic and olive oil. But pretty much everyone else uses an emulsifier like eggs. But just slapping garlic into mayo is kinda the lazy way.
My chef buddy taught me how to make it with garlic, olive oil, eggs and lemon - comes out great.
Indeed indeed. Wow torga knows food.
In theory its different but even the best chefs in the world use eggs, mayo and just mix in shit.. quite literally no taste difference. Lets all luls that 99% of places call flavored mayo , aioli. Likely youll never have true aioli unless at home, just the facts.

One of my favorite meals has to be a nashville hot sandwich with a lightly mayo'd slaw, some pickles and waffle fries with some honey mustard / chicken sauce on the side. Gotta have the pickles to add some tang and the slaw is the vessel of flavor that melts over the top of the spicyness...creates almost a spicy aioli as it drips over the crunchy spiced chicken. Only way to eat it.

Next up, the only the way to eat a brautwurst is with kraut and spicy mustard. (Also with a beer) Change my mind torga.

Damn i should be a food blogger.
Lol @ chefs using mayo to make aioli. You must not be going to very good places. Talk to torga, he knows good food.

At home FTW.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
There's a Nashville Hot place in town and they butchered it! Tried to go for a "super spicy" thing, used Ghost Pepper, Carolina Reaper and Pepper X. It was pretty spicy, but not the worst - maybe an 7/10 - but there was no flavor! It was terrible! And the sauce had this gritty texture, like water-dilluted peanut butter. Still never had true Nashville Hot.
Imagine this: make some decent fries. Let them cool to room temp. Stick them in the fridge for a few days. Take them out and let them naturally come back up to room temp. THOSE WERE THEIR FRIES. Disgusting.
Some really good nashville hot places out here. When in doubt make your own at home..if restaraunts werent so much damn money upfront id probably start a hot sandwich place.

Its hard to mess up fries. Fresh potatos, good salt ftw.

The secret to most great burgers is its fry/burger sauce..which is essentially a mix of mayo, ketchup, pickles(pickle juice), paprika, cayenne and some pepper.

I hate when food places advertise a dish as being SUPER HOT WITH GHOST PEPPERS, then you get it and its a 5/10 at most.
There's a place in town that makes a meeeean pernil sandwich. Delicious and garlicky. Their Cuban is very good, too. And their fried yuca! Goddamn.
Never had a pernil sandwich, looks like a cuban sandwich variant though. definitely would try.

You a fan of sauerkraut or nah? its either you love it or hate it from what ive heard.
Don't eat crab cakes less im in MD. Just not the same
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Have you tried though? Pretty good tbh. Best crab cake i ever had was made at home using costcos king crab leg meat.

Best lobster roll was at a restaraunt in san diego , not cheap $$$
I also eat Moe's once a week, so you could say I'm pretty cultural.

Not sure what moes is? local watering hole? in4deetz

torga

Autocross Champion
You a fan of sauerkraut or nah? its either you love it or hate it from what ive heard.
I missed your brat take earlier, but I agree. Brown or spicy mustard and and kraut is the only way. Add onions if the kraut isn't A+ quality.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I missed your brat take earlier, but I agree. Brown or spicy mustard and and kraut is the only way. Add onions if the kraut isn't A+ quality.

We are the same person yeah^

I like some onions in my kraut 100% agree

I also enjoy cooking the sausage and or the onions in beer :thumbsup:

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Do you know Chipotle? Moe's is the same

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Im gonna take a guess at this one....

you get the tacos...

hardshell.

With steak...

..also the mildest salsa and with sour cream.

Change my mind.
Chicken burrito with corn pico, cheese, and sour cream. If I go to Chipotle then I get medium salsa too

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Chicken burrito with corn pico, cheese, and sour cream. If I go to Chipotle then I get medium salsa too

torga

Autocross Champion
We are the same person yeah^

I like some onions in my kraut 100% agree

I also enjoy cooking the sausage and or the onions in beer [emoji106]
Real recognize real.