GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Off Topic Random Chat v5.8 - Memes and Gifs Welcomed

torga

Autocross Champion
If you like the Star Wars™ series i recommend you watch Solo: A Star Wars Story™ . Very underrated Star Wars™ movie imo. Was kind of cool to see the history behind a few characters from the series .

I was a fan of the movie. It was a fun ride and I feel people projected too much of their SW snobbery onto it. That reveal at the end must've been confusing for anyone who hasn't watched The Clone Wars.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Facts

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191130-090515.png
    Screenshot_20191130-090515.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 237

torga

Autocross Champion
FH4 anyone?
I Win10 code is on sale on Newegg for $23 and I've been pondering whether to get it. I've been playing a lot of Project CARS 2 lately, though. Is there any structure to FH4? I really like the Career Mode on PC2.

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Is there any structure to FH4?

Yes, and no. It's interesting. There's a path you follow in the beginning, but once you finish all of that it's really up to you as to how to progress. There's not much of a career, there's just a lot of things to do. You can focus on street racing or rally, or buy the businesses and do their specific missions, do the weekly, monthly, and daily challenges....there's a lot.

The game is more of a casual racer, even compared to FM7. FH4 is just a really, really good casual racing game. Super chill, super good looking, super fun to play.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I Win10 code is on sale on Newegg for $23 and I've been pondering whether to get it. I've been playing a lot of Project CARS 2 lately, though. Is there any structure to FH4? I really like the Career Mode on PC2.

F1 2018/2019 is really good . You playing on a wheel or controller?

torga

Autocross Champion
Yes, and no. It's interesting. There's a path you follow in the beginning, but once you finish all of that it's really up to you as to how to progress. There's not much of a career, there's just a lot of things to do. You can focus on street racing or rally, or buy the businesses and do their specific missions, do the weekly, monthly, and daily challenges....there's a lot.

The game is more of a casual racer, even compared to FM7. FH4 is just a really, really good casual racing game. Super chill, super good looking, super fun to play.
I've heard that modifying cars can be really fun in the game; that would probably be my biggest interest. Playing something a bit more arcade-y would be nice. True sims can get exhausting after a while.

F1 2018/2019 is really good . You playing on a wheel or controller?
Controller. I just don't have the space for a good wheel setup - I'd love a rig.

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
I've heard that modifying cars can be really fun in the game; that would probably be my biggest interest. Playing something a bit more arcade-y would be nice. True sims can get exhausting after a while.

This. Very, very detailed tuning system. The visual customization is still a ways off from Need for Speed. There's still some great options for a select group of cars, but that's the one area the game is lacking.

Forza's real draw for me is the actual tuning. Literally every single car can be upgraded to your liking, and then fine tuned beyond that. It gets very fun, and very stupid.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I've heard that modifying cars can be really fun in the game; that would probably be my biggest interest.

I usually just equip all the mods, give it awd, and off I go lol

torga

Autocross Champion
I usually just equip all the mods, give it awd, and off I go lol
You can give AWD to a platform that was never meant to have it? Are the mods that free?

torga

Autocross Champion
Yes, in fact there is much more freedom than you are probably thinking there is.

Have you ever driven a beetle with the engine from a GT2 RS? An aventador V12 in a Touareg? A 2400 HP Turbo diesel in a MB Unimog?

Or a peel P50 with 4 Horsepowers on tap?
Finally, my dream of a 2JZ-powered shifter kart will become reality! But on a serious note, that's some insane customization. I'd take this level of wildness over Need for Speed's cosmetic customization any day.

Assetto Corsa is a decent sim as well
It is! I actually picked up the rest of the DLC this past weekend. The "Ultimate" edition was $11 with everything and it essentially just upgraded my base copy of Assetto Corsa.

It's Sam

Go Kart Champion
Finally, my dream of a 2JZ-powered shifter kart will become reality! But on a serious note, that's some insane customization. I'd take this level of wildness over Need for Speed's cosmetic customization any day.

Only thing I would recommend is taking a look at this. It's the complete car list for FH4. Keep in mind Toyota is on its way back, so some of those are missing.

Just in case they have something missing that you'd really, really want ;)

torga

Autocross Champion
That's a very extensive list. I think I'll be all right!