GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Off Topic Random Chat v5.8 - Memes and Gifs Welcomed

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Conflicting reports say he was being benched in the 3rd, but also that he just straight up refused to go into the game and was told to just leave by Coach Arians
Brown said his ankle was hurting for why he didn't go back in. He sure ran off the field with a bad ankle just fine. Coach Arians told him to go in to the huddle for the next play and he refused.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
im sure there is far more to it too

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Doubt it. He's acted that way since being with the steelers. People say CTE, but reality is he's always acted out.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Brain damage can start before the NFL you know. He had a history before his NFL days.

Could be. Don't know what neurological testing he's undergone, but we'll probably only know post mortem.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
My hope is that we can develop more robust testing in his lifetime so we can prevent players from getting this bad.
I haven't seen any reports about how many concussions he might have had to indicate early onset CTE. CTE doesn't normally appear until years after the players career. At this point we aren't aware of a concussion history to try and place the blame there or if it's another psychological issue.

You do seem interested in Antonio Brown in particular.

As far as robust testing is concerned we need to develop better helmets to prevent concussions in the first place. They've been getting better but have a long way to go. And they are officiating helmet to helmet hits more closely.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I haven't seen any reports about how many concussions he might have had to indicate early onset CTE. CTE doesn't normally appear until years after the players career. At this point we aren't aware of a concussion history to try and place the blame there or if it's another psychological issue.

As far as robust testing is concerned we need to develop better helmets to prevent concussions in the first place. They've been getting better but have a long way to go. And they are officiating helmet to helmet hits more closely.
I'm a Steelers fan, his legacy is based in PIT. He's also a jackass, always was.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

You can have bigger and more absorbent helmets, but that will not prevent concussions in Football.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
I'm a Steelers fan, his legacy is based in PIT. He's also a jackass, always was.
I could have guessed you were a Steelers fan. That game last night sucked. I'm from Ohio originally so as you can imagine I hate the Steelers. 😂

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
You can have bigger and more absorbent helmets, but that will not prevent concussions in Football.
Right and that's why anyone talented enough to play professionally understands that is what they are signing up for. Helmets and officiating will get better but they'll never eliminate the problem.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
NFL players just need some woodpecker traits evolved into them. If they could wrap their tongue around their brain too...