• Sauber

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Manor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
Finally!

F1 has gotten way too predictable for the last few years. You couldn’t have predicted the results of this one. It was nice to see Hamilton show some human fallibility and Vettel show some of his old self.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
There's never been a time when F1 wasn't predictable. But races like this one are a big part of why we still watch.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I've always felt in the wet that the talent rises to the top. HP doesn't count it all comes down to the talent of the pilot.

Great race for Vettel. Had the race not developed a dry line the podium may have been different. Although Max was always going to be on the top step. What a race for him after such a dismal start.

torga

Autocross Champion
I've always felt in the wet that the talent rises to the top. HP doesn't count it all comes down to the talent of the pilot.

Great race for Vettel. Had the race not developed a dry line the podium may have been different. Although Max was always going to be on the top step. What a race for him after such a dismal start.

100% agree - there are a lot of great drivers, but not all of them are good in the rain. It really separates the talent.
Ever since Brazil 2016, I knew Max was great in the wet. His performance wasn't any different yesterday. I'm glad his seeing the fruits of his labor.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
TLDR:
1. That last turn was really tricky for a lot of drivers
2. Dont blame Leclerc, Blame the softs they put him on too early for conditions
3. Hamilton fail fest. Spin, crash, illegal pit entry, mercedes crew during stop lol, investigated for going too slow behind safety car etc

Update: Alfas penalized, Kubica got point for 10th place.

I think Toto needs to drink some relaxing tea.... a lot of the lower teams never even get in top 10. Its alright to have 1 bad race Mr. hit the desk.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Nice to see Max get his first pole. Crazy close times. As long as Max doesn't get a bad start I think he has a chance. If the Benz boys get in front I'm not sure he has enough for them.

Tomorrow will be a great race.

torga

Autocross Champion
Nice to see Max get his first pole. Crazy close times. As long as Max doesn't get a bad start I think he has a chance. If the Benz boys get in front I'm not sure he has enough for them.

Tomorrow will be a great race.

He had a dogshit start in Germany and still won. Granted, rain is the great equalizer where the real talent shines.
I'm rooting for him tomorrow.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I'm pulling for Max too. A start like he had in Germany will be all but impossible to recover from. Fingers crossed for a blinder of a start.

torga

Autocross Champion
Hamilton drove excellently as always, but the real winners and losers were the Mercedes and RBR strategists, respectively.
Mercedes made a great call while RBR made a big gamble and lost out. Of course, Mercedes's call wouldn't have worked without Hamilton's skills.

Thus begins the summer break!

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Quite a good race. Max got a blazing start & looked like he was a sure win. Well until Lewis pitted for the second time & Red Bull dropped the ball by not pitting Max. Darned shame the pit wall lost Max a win.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Max won the race, red bull lost it .

Looks like someone at red bull was asking ferraris strategist for some advice on whether max should pit or not . iono

Overall quite a boring race though outside of a few team mates clashing and the 1 time hamilton came at max. Thought i heard something like p6 and higher were all a lap down at the end of race...

torga

Autocross Champion
Thought i heard something like p6 and higher were all a lap down at the end of race...
Yup. Max leading most of the race and fighting Hamilton in the closing laps for P1. Meanwhile, in the exact same car, Gasly gets lapped by Max.
I'm thinking Gasly won't be at RBR next year. His relative performance is abysmal.

Congrats to Sainz for scoring P5. McLaren has really turned around.