• Sauber

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Manor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Max won the race, red bull lost it .

Looks like someone at red bull was asking ferraris strategist for some advice on whether max should pit or not . iono

Overall quite a boring race though outside of a few team mates clashing and the 1 time hamilton came at max. Thought i heard something like p6 and higher were all a lap down at the end of race...

I thought it was a great race. Watching Hamilton whittle down Max’s 20 second lead was awesome! You could go either way with whether Redbull lost it or Mercedes and Hamilton won it.

The argument is that Max’s position on the track in regards to the pit lane entrance was too far away to keep him within the 20 second pit time needed to keep him ahead of Hamilton. It’s a 50/50 at that point. Do you let Hamilton chase you and make him do the work and take the risk or do you give him the lead and take the risk yourself? It’s a tough one and it could have gone either way.

In other news. My tickets arrived for Singapore!

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Red Bull dropped the ball, but this isn't the first time. Remember when they cost Ricciardo a sure win in Monte Carlo?

torga

Autocross Champion
Not surprised at all. Gasly's performance at Hungary was embarrassing, in addition to the rest of his poor results relative to Verstappen.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
The only surprising thing to me is that they waited until the summer break and didn't give him the stanky boot immediately after Silverstone.

On one hand, I feel bad for the guy; he was one of the most-hyped young drivers in the feeder series and showed tons of promise. On the other hand, he was given the opportunity and couldn't get the job done. I hope Albon can handle the pressure, he's put in some great drives for STR.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
This doesn't surprise me that Gasly gets replaced in the A team. IMO he is lucky to have been given a seat at Toro Rosso. Possibly his contract stated that he had a guaranteed seat in one of their cars.

Good luck to Albon keeping up with Max is a tough call.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
This doesn't surprise me that Gasly gets replaced in the A team. IMO he is lucky to have been given a seat at Toro Rosso. Possibly his contract stated that he had a guaranteed seat in one of their cars.

Good luck to Albon keeping up with Max is a tough call.

I mean he’s under contract, they really can’t fire him unless they are willing to eat his contract payments and then hire and pay another driver.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I mean he’s under contract, they really can’t fire him unless they are willing to eat his contract payments and then hire and pay another driver.

They must think enough of him to give him a seat at team B. Yes I'm sure he has a contract to see him through the rest of the season. Not sure who they would replace him with if they did buy him out. I don't believe money made a difference.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
They must think enough of him to give him a seat at team B. Yes I'm sure he has a contract to see him through the rest of the season. Not sure who they would replace him with if they did buy him out. I don't believe money made a difference.
Gasly is safe for the rest of the 2019 Season, Red Bull has absolutely no drivers in the Red Bull Driver Pipe line with enough Super License Points to replace him with and Helmut Marko has already eaten his pride a couple of times in the last few years with bringing back Brendan Hartley and that didn't work out well; as well as dropping Albon from the Red Bull Driver lineup at the end of the 2016 season, then having to quickly recruit and reinstate him before this season began at Toro Rosso, before he officially contracted to the Nissan Formula E Team. At one point Red Bull had too many drivers, then Max happened and got promoted to Red Bull from Toro Rosso, Daniel Kviat got demoted and mentally f***ked up and left; then Ricciardo left for Renault, Helmut Marko had to go back and recruit Daniel Kviat back to Toro Rosso. After all this, Red Bull still doesn't have enough drivers with enough Super License Points to drive in F1.

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Anyone see the 2021 car in the wind tunnel a few days ago? It looks excellent - futuristic without going overboard. I was kind of skeptical of the 18" wheels (purely aesthetics), but they're looking quite good.
Wind tunnel results are pointing to much cleaner airflow for following cars, so that's great news! I'm so glad they're bringing Venturi tunnels back.

ChrisAttebery

Drag Racing Champion
Yes, I saw the wind tunnel video. The cars look good. Hopefully it will improve the racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Pretty good race yesterday. Nice to see Leclerc fend off Hamilton for most of the race. He drove a very wide car, but that is understandable. Lucky for him the steward's turned a blind eye to some of his moves. Both cars seemed about equal, but Leclerc's car was faster where it counted (on the straights). Hamilton was faster where it did him no good. Vettel chokes once again. I think his teammate is in his head & causing him all kinds of problems.

Next onto Singapore where straight line speed won't count for much.

torga

Autocross Champion
Other than Leclerc holding off Hamilton, was the race worth watching? Monza tends to just be a parade as of late because of the focus on engine.

Very excited for Singapore - one of my favorite races.