GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Golf Recipe Thread - Happy 4th of July 🎆🎇 Get to Grilling!!

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
what's on for Super Bowl?

Still isolating so just me/Mrs Mud.

dip with veggies/chips

Home made baked beans about 1 hr b4 serving I'll toss in cut up hot dogs (beanie weanies!) & 5 minutes before chopped up zucchini an easy way to sneak in veggies. Growing up in NH Beans were a traditional friday dinner and were sold at bakeries

sides: corn bread and coleslaw

probably brownies

Phur

Autocross Champion

Still isolating so just me/Mrs Mud.

dip with veggies/chips

Home made baked beans about 1 hr b4 serving I'll toss in cut up hot dogs (beanie weanies!) & 5 minutes before chopped up zucchini an easy way to sneak in veggies. Growing up in NH Beans were a traditional friday dinner and were sold at bakeries

sides: corn bread and coleslaw

probably brownies
Lady Phur and I have been essentially isolating for over 20 years now. (We're both introverts) Not sure what all of the fuss is about. 😜
I've got a couple of amazing brownie recipes. The first is just an awesome "standard" brownie. The second is a bit more adventuresome.

Phur

Autocross Champion
B943506A-348B-402B-BF08-8B2760A866A8.jpeg

Phur

Autocross Champion
05A24205-B985-4E3E-B3AF-A304ACD32140.jpeg
You can bake them in the oven instead. They are still delicious that way. The smoke from the grill definitely adds something though.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
+1 on isolation not being difficult, but I miss concerts/plays. I am thinking the last show I went to may have been one on Superbowl Sunday last year a free afternoon jazz one (Fred Simmons) @ Weslyan.

The brownies I may try (regular). I have one I like but who knows. I admit to not being good at following recipes.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
+1 on isolation not being difficult, but I miss concerts/plays.

Me too man, me too... Had about 4 sets of tickets for concerts in 2020 that all got pushed back. And those were only the planned one, usually would try to get out at least once a month to see some live music.

Phur

Autocross Champion
We LOVE music, but always found it difficult dealing with being around the hordes of people to attend a concert. Therefore, when we did, it always had to be the best experience possible to offset the emotional cost. The last show that I saw was Sigur Ros. We got really good, VIP tickets. They very rarely tour and are one of my favorite bands of all time. It was an amazing, super emotional evening. One of the best of my life. I am forever grateful for it.

Thumper

Autocross Champion

I've actually got a hankering for some Spam and Eggs with a few slices of Keto bread slathered with some Kerrygold. 🤤

Maybe if I get adventurous I'd go with Spam hash instead of slices.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Me too man, me too... Had about 4 sets of tickets for concerts in 2020 that all got pushed back. And those were only the planned one, usually would try to get out at least once a month to see some live music.
Same. Still waiting to hear when some might be rescheduled. Some of the artists are older (New Order/PSB), so I'm hoping they don't retire before coming back around... Also had tickets for the RATM reunion tour. With my luck, they'll all start hating each other again, and the deal's off!

Hungry4hops

Autocross Champion
You know another way to eat brussel sprouts? lol I like to roast whole cloves of garlic with mine too, then dust with parm.

My grandfather told me garlic was the best way to keep from getting sick.

Eat enough of it and no one will come near you. 😜
And a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
tenor (1).gif

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
beans in crock pot
corn bread made (with jalapeno) also made honey butter
brownies made w/o recipe handy...they turned out more cake than brownie but super intense chocolate. I added cinnamon and used some coffee for liguid
all that's left is finishing beans (adding dogs/onion/apple about 1 hr b4 serving) and making a dip/cutting up veggies. Mrs Mud says she wants to watch Puppy Bowl. I got a look when I asked if they were going to be wearing lingerie.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Love corn bread w/jalapeno!

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
because this is up for wknd my method of cooking chicken is worth a shot.

oven at 450
6-8# roaster
cut one lemon + one orange into 1/4s put in cav of chick
BREAST SIDE DOWN! this lets juice drip into breast which needs the extra moisture
25 minutes then lower temp to 350

1 1/2 hr then flip bird breast up to finish breast & brown it. rotating does give a more even heat distribution even on a rack the upper part cooks more.

be aware sometimes this method makes the pop-up timer angry. use thermometer to ensure you don't over cook. The breast down method really helps if you prefer dark meat. For the citrus if you sub in lime it will have a pronounced lime flavor. The org/lemon just adds a hint and counters the meaty taste nicely.

No basting/no marinade

edit: for people that are learning to cook try chicken dinner. Chicken/potatoes/one veg (either spinach which only takes 2 minutes in microwave or brussels sprouts/carrots baked) Know the chicken and taters will keep warn covered in foil. Learn to cook chick dinner and your Love will love you even more. Start with only 3 things and work up from there but learning timing when cooking will take you far

Last edited: