GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Golf Recipe Thread - Happy 4th of July 🎆🎇 Get to Grilling!!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
although I hate to follow bacon bomb especially with this I made these last night:

Tofu Tots:

cubed tofu rolled in flavored cornmeal (I often use paprika and cilantro)
baking sheet with a couple glugs olive oil
425 for 15-20 minutes.

very similar to fried polenta

crispy things good with eggs or a part of a vegetarian taco salad (along with sauted onions/pepper add in salsa rinsed black beans)

Last edited:

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Dinner last night: Duck-stuffed mushrooms (don't tell @Allchokedup )

Not really a hard and fast recipe for this, as it was pretty much thrown together with leftovers, but it boils down to:
  • Portobello Mushroom caps, de-stemmed
  • Shredded leftover roast or confit duck
  • Alouette (or Boursin, or cream cheese)
  • Grated Purple Moon hard goat cheese (again, whatever's on hand. Gouda would be lovely...)
  • Broken up stale bread (or packaged bread crumbs, just a bit as a binder)
  • 4 Cloves garlic, minced, and lightly sauteed in duck fat
  • Dried parsley
  • Dried Thyme
Mix all ingredients (besides mushrooms) in a bowl. Array mushroom caps on a sheet pan, hollow side up, and scoop out enough filling to generously stuff each mushroom. Pour about a quarter cup or so white wine (Sauvignon Blanc, in this case) into the pan, and place into a pre-heated 425 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes. I didn't add any salt, because of the salt some of the ingredients bring to the party, but you may wish to add some depending on what's used.

I served these with some microgreens, and duck-skin chicharrons I made from slow sauteeing the duck skin in a skillet until almost all the fat was rendered (also how I got the fat to saute the garlic). I also made a quick dressing with balsamic vinegar and Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce, and drizzled it on the plates before placing the mushrooms in them, to add an element of acid and brightness to cut through the earthiness and richness of the cheesy duck filling.

Old-fashioned optional... ;)

PXL_20210128_235000312.jpg

Phur

Autocross Champion

Not really a hard and fast recipe for this, as it was pretty much thrown together with leftovers, but it boils down to:
  • Grated Purple Moon hard goat cheese (again, whatever's on hand. Gouda would be lovely...)
  • Dried parsley
  • Dried Thyme
Mix all ingredients (besides mushrooms) in a bowl. Array mushroom caps on a sheet pan, hollow side up, and scoop out enough filling to generously stuff each mushroom. Pour about a quarter cup or so white wine (Sauvignon Blanc, in this case) into the pan, and place into a pre-heated 425 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes. I didn't add any salt, because of the salt some of the ingredients bring to the party, but you may wish to add some depending on what's used.

I served these with some microgreens, and duck-skin chicharrons I made from slow sauteeing the duck skin in a skillet until almost all the fat was rendered (also how I got the fat to saute the garlic). I also made a quick dressing with balsamic vinegar and Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce, and drizzled it on the plates before placing the mushrooms in them, to add an element of acid and brightness to cut through the earthiness and richness of the cheesy duck filling.

View attachment 201595
Hells yeah! That looks and sounds delicious!

Thumper

Autocross Champion
That might be the only way in heck I would ever try a mushroom again. Filled with cheese and duck confit. 🤤

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion

• Dried parsley
  • Dried Thyme

View attachment 201595
You sick bastard

Attachments

• 20210123_191707.jpg
    20210123_191707.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 145

Phur

Autocross Champion

Phur

Autocross Champion

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Is that Brussels sprouts with bacon?

You know another way to eat brussel sprouts? lol I like to roast whole cloves of garlic with mine too, then dust with parm.

My grandfather told me garlic was the best way to keep from getting sick.

Eat enough of it and no one will come near you. 😜

Phur

Autocross Champion

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

MKSeven

Go Kart Champion
VW owners are eating good tonight.