GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Golf Recipe Thread - Happy 4th of July 🎆🎇 Get to Grilling!!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Okay, so I have been wanting some new recipes to try and thought what better place to find some then the Golf forum. After the informative grilled cheese discussion in "The Thread" it occurred to me that we have a good diverse group of people on this forum. People from all walks of life that spread across the country. So if you have a recipe that you love or you just discovered a new one that you want to share post it up. Maybe you have a unique way of cooking something. Have a question about how to cook something? I'm sure someone here will know what to do.

To start it off I'll share the post that started it all off. Thanks @Acadia18.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, gather round boys and... more boys. Time for the most important DIY this forum has ever seen!

How to install shocks & struts? How to upgrade to an IS38 turbo? How to retrofit MIB2? No!

How to make a good grilled cheese.

Step 1: Gather your ingredients

1609955064849.png

You will need:
  • Some bread - Here I have some Pepridge Farm Farmhouse Honey Wheat. Far from my first choice, but what I had on hand. I'm partial to a good sourdough.
  • Cheese - I had gouda and gruyere pre-shredded, and some sliced muenster. It's a pretty good combo.
  • Some fresh thyme and rosemary. Dried works fine as well.
  • Your grilling lubricants. Mayo & butter. Mayo on the bread, butter in the pan.
Step 2: Prep

1609955323000.png

Dice your herbs. Shred your cheese if it's not already shredded. Never use pre-shredded cheese. The starches they add to stop it from clumping really reduce the quality of how it melts. Mayo your bread. This will be the OUTSIDE of the sandwich. You want a decent amount, and try to get good coverage.

Step 3: Start cooking

1609955465367.png

Turn your oven to a medium heat. Put in the butter. When the butter is melted, add in some chopped thyme and rosemary. Let that cook in the butter for 30s or so, until it's fragrant.

Step 4: Add in the bread and cheese

1609955599437.png

Put the bread in the pan, MAYO SIDE DOWN! That is important. Put your cheese on the bread. I usually do sliced on one side, shredded on the other. this isn't my normal grilled cheese bread, nor my normal grilled cheese pan, so you can see it's a little bit crowded in there. Ideally, the bread will fit perfectly flat on the bottom of the pan.

Step 5: Let the cheese melt

1609955698680.png

Add in a few drops of water to the sides of the pan farthest away from the bread, and cover. You only want a few drops, because you don't want to get your bread soggy. The point is for it to evaporate and steam, helping melt the cheese. You can see it starting to get melty here.

Step 6: Uncover, combine, and finish cooking

1609955830921.png

I didn't get a good shot of combining them, but put one half on the other, and if the bread isn't toasted enough, keep grilling, flipping as necessary.

Step 7: Remove from heat, cut, and enjoy!

1609955919314.png

Take it out of the pan, and cut it. If you cut it into rectangles, you're some kind of godless heathen. Diagonally, into some kind of triangle based shape. Eat.

Look at that gooey goodness.

"That's burned"

Not really. It is a little bit darker than I normally would like, but that was due to the pan and bread not being the norm. And remember, I started with a darker, brown wheat bread instead of some kind of white bread, so the end result would naturally be darker than what you might be used to. It was still delicious.

I hope this helps someone here. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Looks good, and great idea!!

Here's mine.

1. Take out SmartPhone
2. Open Wendy's app
3. Select Combo #8
4. Make it a triple
5. Go pick up

:ROFLMAO:

Seriously, I love cooking but rarely if ever have time for it anymore. When I was working from home I would cook all the time.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
You never cover grilled cheese. You gotta get that crunch. And to not burn, med-low with both pieces of bread in place and flip half way through.

For a nice alternative sandwich.

Pita - Get some good pita. Not the stuff at the grocery store. Find a mideast bakery that makes their own bread.
mortadella - the kind with pistachios sliced on 2.
braided Syrian cheese or sometimes called Bulgarian.

Open up the pita.
Layer of Mortadella
Cut up the cheese and layer of that.
Close it up.
Throw it on a Panini grill till browned, not burnt like above 😂
Enjoy

Not my pic, but no one reads posts without pics
1.JPG

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Can’t say I have ever had a pita really but looks delicious. Thanks for sharing!!

I might add some Mayo tho 😬

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Can’t say I have ever had a pita really but looks delicious. Thanks for sharing!!

I might add some Mayo tho 😬

Yeah, can't go wrong with mayo on anything.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Great idea for a thread!

Phur

Autocross Champion
I’ve got a ton. My wife does her own food photography and digital scrapbooks her own recipe cards... I’ll post some of my favorites.

Phur

Autocross Champion
1610210507520.jpeg

Phur

Autocross Champion
1610210606890.jpeg
The brand of canned tomatoes is crucial. They don’t taste or smell like canned tomatoes.

Phur

Autocross Champion
And this is the bread that you need for your grilled cheese...
1610213688395.jpeg

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I’ve got a ton. My wife does her own food photography and digital scrapbooks her own recipe cards... I’ll post some of my favorites.

Awesome! She is a very crafty women.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Awesome! She is a very crafty women.
Yes she is. But not in the typical soccer mom-ish way. No glitter anywhere, EVER. She calls that shit devil-dust. it ends up everywhere. She knits and crochets as well.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion