GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Just got a brand new PS3 as I swore I always would. Just finished installing and recovering my old account, now GT5 here we come......

Oh PSN tag is SoggyPuD.

roastpuff

Go Kart Champion
I just bought my first PS3 ever... and am about to shell out more for a racing wheel.

Thinkin Logitech G27...

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Im kind of already depressed. Only 200ish of the 1000 cars are "premium" which are more detailed and customizable and have in car view, while the other 800 cars are "standards" which are basically upgraded graphics on cars from GT4 - you CANNOT change the wheels or color of wheels on a standard car and neither can you have cockpit view in them and you can't use them in photo mode.

Theres also no MK6 :[

v3on

Ready to race!
gonna pick up the game @ future shop tmr right @ 10am ...can't wait XD
I hope I have either G25/G27 steering...but I guess my Driving Force GT is enough

Jerz

Ready to race!
I'm just waiting for everyone to get bored with it once they realize, its just like gt4, which is just like gt3, which is also like gt2..........

Quoddy

Ready to race!
UPS will be stopping by in about 3 hours with my copy. I never had GT before, so it will all be new to ny PS3 and me.

UPS came earlier than usual and I've played several games driving the MarkV. I suck at video games!

Last edited:

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
It really isn't though. Although its arguable that some of the sounds are the same there is damage interface, weather effects, World Rally Championships.

I miss my GT2 for ps1

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Played from 12:08 last night until 7:15 this morning. Addictive as hell. Yup it is just like GT4 in a lot of ways, but thats exactly what i was expecting and exactly what I was hoping for.

Theres only 1 thing I miss from GT4 that I don't have on this.....in B-spec mode, theres no way to "fast-forward" through the race like you could on GT4. That means 24hrs of Nurburgring will actually take me 24 hours this time. SHIT!!.

I think it absolutely lives up to the hype. Physics are great. Graphics are great. car list IMO is great, track list is great......not sure what there is to complain about other than the lack of customization on most cars and a couple of cars here and there getting lost in the shuffle.

Who cares theres no Mk6 who cares theres no sirocco. They can't put EVERY car in the car, and besides. They put a Mk5 in the game which drives EXACTLY like a Mk6 and a sirocco....so who cares?

Mr.Alex

I Got That 6.
Im going to pick mine up today. I think they should make a DLC pack called .:R which includes MK5 R32, MK6 R20, Scriocco R

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
:lol: all that harsh criticism and you haven't even played it yet? Wait until you do. VW's are the furthers from my mind......