GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil on Coil Packs and Spark Plugs (pics)

blue2.8

Ready to race!
I have 48k on my car right now, bought it with 45k. Today I pulled the plugs to take a look at them and I noticed oil on the coil packs and one of the spark plugs. All 4 coil packs had some oil on them but 2 were worse than the others. A different one also had some corrosion (white powder) on it.

I'm assuming the problem here is the valve cover gasket. But could it also be the PCV valve?

Coil with the most oil on it

The one spark plug with oil on it

Also just want to confirm, these plugs are looking ready for replacement right?

blue2.8

Ready to race!
Last oil change was done by the dealer before I bought it so that's very possible I guess.

I was pretty sure what I was looking at was oil. Here's another picture of a different coil where you can see it all the way down to the bottom of the coil pooling up around the lip.

The spark plug actually dripped a couple times before I got my phone and was able to take a picture. Would you guys say this is valve cover related or pcv related? Thanks for the help

JettiGLI

Go Kart Newbie
Take a look in the crankshaft and see was going on. This cars do not have gasket, they are sealed with high temp silicone.

Edmundo

Ready to race!
My car is around 79500 miles. When I changed the OEM spark plugs for NGK's the cables had the same smudge. I simply cleaned and reinstalled