GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oryx White Pearl!

GolfR4me

Passed Driver's Ed
First I want to thank everyone who posts on this forum - you helped me decide that I had to have a Golf R! I picked mine up last Friday, and wanted to share some pictures showing what Oryx White Pearl looks like (at least through the lens of an iPhone)

That green Camry is my beater car... talk about extremes lol. Going from 135 hp to 292 has been freaking awesome! I'm very happy with the Oryx White Pearl - it is pearlescent but also metallic. It's very hard to get a good picture of it but it really pops in person.

Last edited:

Sincity

Passed Driver's Ed
Can't wait to see a Oryx White in-person. Congrats on a beautiful car.

GolfR4me

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks guys! The more I drive this car, the more I love it!
If you are reading this and considering getting an R, I have to say, do it - it's worth the money!!

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Stunning!

Congrats.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Love it. Makes me hate that my bumper got drilled before I could do anything about it every time I see someone with a beautiful undrilled front bumper cover. Congrats!

keystonecane

Hey GolfR4Me, I see you are located in Red Lion, PA. From which local dealer did you buy your R? And out of curiosity, with which other dealers have you discussed the availability? I am waiting for the 6MT but I really want to find a '15 for a test drive before pre-order.

GolfR4me

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey GolfR4Me, I see you are located in Red Lion, PA. From which local dealer did you buy your R? And out of curiosity, with which other dealers have you discussed the availability? I am waiting for the 6MT but I really want to find a '15 for a test drive before pre-order.

PM sent - I'll list it here as well for anyone else interested:

Here is the google review I did for them:

https://plus.google.com/102800064284...ws?hl=en&gl=us

You are welcome to mention my name. I don't have the paperwork with me (at work atm,) but I got a discount of close to 2,600 off when I leased it, and they were good to work with. I shopped dealerships in York and Mechanicsburg in person, and placed emails and phonecalls with dealerships in Maryland, Delaware, and Reading, PA. Sutliff Volkswagen matched the best prices I found elsewhere, and happened to have what I wanted coming into stock. The worst deal I encountered was Volkswagen of York, PA - they wouldn't take a penny off and acted offended that I would even dare ask haha. And despite meeting with them in person, Faulkner Volkswagen never even got back to me.

- Bill

SnowmanMachine

First I want to thank everyone who posts on this forum - you helped me decide that I had to have a Golf R! I picked mine up last Friday, and wanted to share some pictures showing what Oryx White Pearl looks like (at least through the lens of an iPhone)

That green Camry is my beater car... talk about extremes lol. Going from 135 hp to 292 has been freaking awesome! I'm very happy with the Oryx White Pearl - it is pearlescent but also metallic. It's very hard to get a good picture of it but it really pops in person.

Awesome car man! How long did you wait for yours? I just put an order in for a 15' Oryx White Pearl w/ DCC/Nav. The dealer seems to be very optimistic...me, not so much!

GolfR4me

Passed Driver's Ed
@ SnowmanMachine: Thanks! I just got lucky timing wise. They happened to have one coming in and actual called the day the carrier showed up... much earlier than they had originally told me. From my first visit to arrival time, was only about a week! I hope yours comes in soon!

- Bill

SnowmanMachine

@ SnowmanMachine: Thanks! I just got lucky timing wise. They happened to have one coming in and actual called the day the carrier showed up... much earlier than they had originally told me. From my first visit to arrival time, was only about a week! I hope yours comes in soon!

- Bill

Oh Wow! The two dealers I spoke to said 6 weeks, however my gut is telling me months. I've never ordered a VW before--let alone a Golf R--so who knows. Only time will tell I guess!