GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P2294 /Fuel pressure regulator open circuit *PLEASE HELP*

Andrewtone

Hello all,
2009 MK5 GTI 2.0 TSI

A few days ago my car started running like crap, sputtering, bogging out etc. engine light came on prior to symptoms and EPC / limp mode occurred after symptoms started.

read the code which came up as P2294 “fuel pressure regulator ‘b’ control circuit open”

being stubborn and not wanting to get ripped off by a shop I did some research myself and came up with HPFP possibly having. issues.Replaced the HPFP with a brand new one. That did work. Kept researching and replacing parts.

so far I have replaced:

HPFP, fuel pressure sensor (under the intake manifold on the rail) , and the fuel filter which has the fuel pressure regulator built in.

still same symptoms and still in limp mode. For the hell of it I’ve replaced both 100 relays under the hood. The codes have been cleared however the 2294 remains and shortly after other codes pop up all related to “open circuit”...
Any recommendations? Maybe a bad ECU? I’m losing my mind with this damn car ?
91C63567-EF54-43CF-9619-A2A0E7F9C073.png

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
P2294 is typically wiring...but it can in some cases be due to a crack on the black portion on top. Can be attributed to another location as well. P2257 also detects an open circuit, so you may want to also inspect other things and their wiring to things plugged in near where you were working. Given you have replaced the hpfp, and the problem exists, it would either be a damaged wire or perhaps a fuse. Its P0657 is likely related to P2294 and/or P2257 and verifies an open circuit was detected. You will also want to disconnect all suspect plugs and inspect the connectors inside the plug to confirm none were pushed out of place and no longer connect to their corresponding plug/tab. The pressure regulator fuse location is: F6 -SB6 -Fuse 6 (on fuse panel B)15A -N276 -Fuel Pressure Regulator Valve 87a ... fuse panel next to the battery.

Last edited:

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
BTW, if all of your inspections fail...a skilled VW tech can check to be certain proper voltage is present at all possible connections.

Andrewtone

BTW, if all of your inspections fail...a skilled VW tech can check to be certain proper voltage is present at all possible connections.
Thanks for the response! I did however check that fuse right now and it’s good. After this post I checked the wiring however and I am not getting power to the n276 sensor on top of the HPFP... the connector looks fine inside and the wires that I can see don’t have any visible cuts or kinks so I’m kinda stumped...

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Check again next to battery;

F51 -SB51 -Fuse 51 (on fuse panel B)40A -J299-Secondary Air Injection (AIR)Pump Relay 29a

F9 -SB9 -Fuse 9 (on fuse panel B)10A -N249-Turbocharger Recirculating Valve (AXX,BWA,BPY) N80-Evaporative Emission (EVAP)Canister Purge Regulator Valve 1 (AXX, BWA,BPY) N75-Wastegate Bypass Regulator Valve (AXX,BWA,BPY) 87a

Again, if you check fuses, relays, and wiring and see nothing, you may need someone to test what all is getting power or not.