GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Parents Can be Dumb

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Give your 18-year-old son a brand new 460HP Mustang GT for high school graduation, what could possibly go wrong? Two days later while drag racing on a busy street he kills a 24-year-old mother and her 21-month-old baby who were legally crossing a street. Not in the article: Police stated data from his navigation system showed he was doing 164 on an Interstate a day or two before the accident. It also showed he was doing 102 when he saw the mother and hit the brakes but was still going 40 MPH when he hit them. Perhaps he had a racing recorder like a late-model Corvette? I'm not familiar with Fords. Anyway, he got 24 years in state prison. He appears to be slightly built, so I doubt he will last 24 days. You youngsters might want to keep this in mind when your kids get older.

https://patch.com/florida/southtampa/passenger-brother-pleads-not-guilty-fatal-bayshore-accident

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Give your 18-year-old son a brand new 460HP Mustang GT for high school graduation, what could possibly go wrong? Two days later while drag racing on a busy street he kills a 24-year-old mother and her 21-month-old baby who were legally crossing a street. Not in the article: Police stated data from his navigation system showed he was doing 164 on an Interstate a day or two before the accident. It also showed he was doing 102 when he saw the mother and hit the brakes but was still going 40 MPH when he hit them. Perhaps he had a racing recorder like a late-model Corvette? I'm not familiar with Fords. Anyway, he got 24 years in state prison. He appears to be slightly built, so I doubt he will last 24 days. You youngsters might want to keep this in mind when your kids get older.

https://patch.com/florida/southtampa/passenger-brother-pleads-not-guilty-fatal-bayshore-accident
Man that’s terrible for all families involved.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
My buddies younger brother is trying to build an almost 600whp mustang right now. And I’m not sure if he’s ever raced on a track before... or learned how to drive with half that power.

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Shocking, then I saw it happened in Florida...

All jokes aside, this does happen not only in Florida but pretty much anywhere people got money and don't realize what they're buying their kids that just got their license.

I recall an older story where the father bought his son a new Subaru STI as his first car. The kid took 3 other friends in the car, lost control, wrapped it around a tree that split the car in half and I believe 2 of the 3 friends with him died.

I'm thinking yeah... perfect car for a kid that has ZERO driving experience under him. Thinks the car will go exactly where he turns the wheel "just because". Forget physics, body weight, etc. etc. that he has zero understanding of at that age with that experience.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Luckily I have daughters, but I'm teaching them to drive as early as 12-13 and they're taking a racing/ car control class when they get their drivers license.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
It says he was racing an Altima 😐

I feel badly for the family of the woman and child who were killed. Even if this kid had race car driver level skills his decision making is what killed those people. No respect for the machine, no respect for speed, worst of all no respect for life.

102mph on a street people might be walking across is outrageous. He's no less guilty than someone who deliberately drives onto the sidewalk.

virpacalis

Go Kart Newbie
Kids can be extra dumb too.