GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PC Building

IanCH

Autocross Champion
I got the TitanX setup from my buddy. As for my CPU the 5950x idles pretty hot from my understanding.
Nah. Your idle should be in the 35-45c range with that cooling system. Your gpu Temps are really high for idle too.

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
So you have dual titan x cards for gaming?

That's like having drag slicks for driving in a neighborhood that has speed bumps and a 15mph speed limit.

I got you, not really looking to upgrade those just yet. Also, I do photo work so on this computer as well. At some point I'll be upgrade the GPU. I might pull the monoblock in the near future to try out some different cpu compound.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
I got you, not really looking to upgrade those just yet. Also, I do photo work so on this computer as well. At some point I'll be upgrade the GPU. I might pull the monoblock in the near future to try out some different cpu compound.
I've run the monoblocks before, and they are a great solution but can be hard to get seated right

It's all good to have 2 cards like that its just a lot of extra heat in the loop and power consumption.

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion
I've run the monoblocks before, and they are a great solution but can be hard to get seated right

It's all good to have 2 cards like that its just a lot of extra heat in the loop and power consumptio

One day I'll grow up and get a nice GPU lol. This is better than what I had before.... For about 10 years I was running an old i5 ivy bridge setup with a GTX 650 ti lol. I've been looking into things that can be done to help. I just messing with some settings after coming across a good 65 page post on this very issue (5950x heating). Undervolting by 11 and setting to eco mode is still allowing for a 4.5 - 4.6 boost while keeps the thermals like 10c cooler.

(R)Rated

Go Kart Champion

It's all good to have 2 cards like that its just a lot of extra heat in the loop and power consumption.

Whelp, I seem to still be having issues. I can seem some bubbles that have formed at the CPU monoblock inlet. I'm not sure what has caused them, but they aren't going away. It also seems to be getting hotter now. I just ordered some Grizzly thermal paste. I'm going to pull the block and look at the contact patch and open and clean the block.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Whelp, I seem to still be having issues. I can seem some bubbles that have formed at the CPU monoblock inlet. I'm not sure what has caused them, but they aren't going away. It also seems to be getting hotter now. I just ordered some Grizzly thermal paste. I'm going to pull the block and look at the contact patch and open and clean the block.
Good luck with the task, Be sure to inspect everything closely its odd if bubbles formed in the cpu block without additional bubbles appearing elsewhere.

torga

Autocross Champion
View attachment 225202
My current setup is as follows :D Thanks to daddyskins referral codes I was able to open some cases and get cool skins to buy this setup for. It was a bit expensive but the effect is great!

So cleeeannn!!! And what a view! Always wanted to do a wall-mount, but I don't think that's possible with two cats roaming around. I peep that Aeron, too ;)

IanCH

Autocross Champion
So cleeeannn!!! And what a view! Always wanted to do a wall-mount, but I don't think that's possible with two cats roaming around. I peep that Aeron, too ;)
It's spam... it's probably not even the poster's computer

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I need a new home desk chair. Whatcha got for recommendations?
Just don't get a "gaming chair" that has bolsters like a bucket seat. I have a steelcase leap that I paid too much for. A buddy got one from a remanufacturer website and paid less than half of what I paid.

Autonomous has some chairs that are kinda like steelcase and herman miller chairs without the huge price tag, but still not that cheap. I kinda dig the ergochair pro.

I want to get something more like a recliner/la-z-boy. I was looking at some the other day, but it's not easy finding something with dimensions that'll work.

torga

Autocross Champion
I need a new home desk chair. Whatcha got for recommendations?
The Herman Miller Aeron from the photos above is amazing. Very supportive, comes in three sizes. Have had one for a couple years now, it is SUCH a nice chair. They're monstrously expensive new, but they can regularly be found for ~$350 used.
Also, parts are very easy to get a hold of, so no worries if anything breaks. I bought mine with a broken seat pan for only $50, then I bought a replacement seat pan for $80 and now I've got a perfect Aeron for next to nothing, relatively speaking.

I agree with sterkrazzy -- stay away from most anything marketed as a gaming chair. Most of them are uncomfortable junk.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I agree with sterkrazzy -- stay away from most anything marketed as a gaming chair. Most of them are uncomfortable junk.
Yup, I had one. The bolsters are annoying af and always in the way. When using a controller I couldn't rest my arms next to me, the bolsters would push them forward and it felt awkward. The foam was so stiff it was uncomfortable and the material was so cheap it started flaking off after a couple years.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Just don't get a "gaming chair" that has bolsters like a bucket seat. I have a steelcase leap that I paid too much for. A buddy got one from a remanufacturer website and paid less than half of what I paid.

Autonomous has some chairs that are kinda like steelcase and herman miller chairs without the huge price tag, but still not that cheap. I kinda dig the ergochair pro.

I want to get something more like a recliner/la-z-boy. I was looking at some the other day, but it's not easy finding something with dimensions that'll work.

The Herman Miller Aeron from the photos above is amazing. Very supportive, comes in three sizes. Have had one for a couple years now, it is SUCH a nice chair. They're monstrously expensive new, but they can regularly be found for ~$350 used.
Also, parts are very easy to get a hold of, so no worries if anything breaks. I bought mine with a broken seat pan for only $50, then I bought a replacement seat pan for $80 and now I've got a perfect Aeron for next to nothing, relatively speaking.

Believe it or not I've had a "gaming chair" for the last 7 years with no issues. Picked it up Freshman year of college. Only reason I'm replacing it really is the seat pad is not as cushy as it used to be, and the strut is blown so it can only be used in its lowest position. But I'm sorta over that whole trend, would rather have a nice clean looking chair with good support.

I'll have to keep an eye out for one of those. Can't believe the price tag on chairs these days its insane.