GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pioneer AVIC-D3

nike61

Ready to race!
Yep, I agree, but we in Aussie have to wait longer and I bet it costs heaps more.
Guys in Aussie suggest getting a TomTom or Garmin, but this has ipod, DVD, CD and SatNav.:thumbsup:
I think this system is just perfffffffffect :clap:

Boonedock82

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 MKV
Looks sick as hell and officially ended my pursuit of OEM sat radio.

Don't ask its a piss off

PAPA WANTS ONE!!!!!

Only thing that will not be so great is losing some of the wheel mounted controls

Gtiguy182

Clean MKV Owner
So its a Nav-DVD unit....for $1000 sweet

uberGTI

Passed Mr. Ed
Car(s)
2008 R32
I think Pioneer is going to have a home run with this unit. DVD, NAV, Dixv, and direct iPod control all for under $1000. The menu system even looks really good. I can't wait.

CASHmoney

Drag Racing Champion
Feature wise it looks great. I had a Pioneer flip out screen a few years ago and the picture quality was terrible. Switched to a Kenwood and love it. Divx and iPod and the price are big selling feature for me on this one. I just hope their pq has increased.

shylo

i <3 (())
I have the d2 and i love it, only problem is with the d3, you lose the mechanical screen, and the d2 has a dvd-rom AND cd slot. So you wont be able to navigate and listen to a cd at the same time. the color matching buttons is a plus though. I really love my d2.

more info at avic411.com

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
basicly you would need a PAC SWI-X if it worked with our cars which it does not right now. (maybe someone could write up a tech article to get the wiring info?)

This adapter basicly takes the steering wheel controls and outputs it as a infrared signal which almost every aftermarket stereo has IR. Then its a matter of programming the keys to do what funchions.

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
I have the d2 and i love it, only problem is with the d3, you lose the mechanical screen, and the d2 has a dvd-rom AND cd slot. So you wont be able to navigate and listen to a cd at the same time. the color matching buttons is a plus though. I really love my d2.

more info at avic411.com

I would never use the Nav anyhow, otherwise :wub:

Boonedock82

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 MKV

more info at avic411.com
\

My understanding from what I have read is that you choose your destination, and the head unit will store the directions to your chosen location, from there you can pull out your nav DVD and insert what ever media that you want to listen or watch. Also w/ the ipod controls as well as sirius or xm cds wont make too many apearances. I have to admit I do see having to replace the nav dvd every year or so because of wear and tear a pain in the ass tho.

Kowsk

Ready to race!
basicly you would need a PAC SWI-X if it worked with our cars which it does not right now. (maybe someone could write up a tech article to get the wiring info?)

This adapter basicly takes the steering wheel controls and outputs it as a infrared signal which almost every aftermarket stereo has IR. Then its a matter of programming the keys to do what funchions.

COO. yea maybe someone will figure this out, thanks for the info.

d.C

DJ

more info at avic411.com

would adding a cd changer solve this?