GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Podcast app alternative with better CarPlay options

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
This is cross posted to MacRumors, but with a device announcement in about a week, no one bothers with much other than discussing rumors.

I just started to listen podcasts since my commute got longer. Podcasts.app is ok, but definitely lacking in some ways.

I would like suggestions on a better app for this. Recently discovered if I download individual episodes of podcasts I don’t subscribe to, I can’t see them in CarPlay. I get one kicks of listening to podcasts on one subject.

Ultimately, I need something that allows the aforementioned functionality. It obviously needs to work with CarPlay and would like a playlist option as well. I’m ok paying for an app, I don’t want to have to buy a bunch to try them out.

Bonus would be if it would sync with my already downloaded episodes/subs.

Thanks.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
This is cross posted to MacRumors, but with a device announcement in about a week, no one bothers with much other than discussing rumors.

I just started to listen podcasts since my commute got longer. Podcasts.app is ok, but definitely lacking in some ways.

I would like suggestions on a better app for this. Recently discovered if I download individual episodes of podcasts I don’t subscribe to, I can’t see them in CarPlay. I get one kicks of listening to podcasts on one subject.

Ultimately, I need something that allows the aforementioned functionality. It obviously needs to work with CarPlay and would like a playlist option as well. I’m ok paying for an app, I don’t want to have to buy a bunch to try them out.

Bonus would be if it would sync with my already downloaded episodes/subs.

Thanks.
I've been full time on Overcast for a few years now. Great app.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Spotify

dtfd

Autocross Champion
I'm on Android so I'm not sure all the functionality crosses over but I'm a big fan of castbox. Keeps all my subscriptions organized, you can download full episodes so if you're traveling as much as I've been lately you can still listen on the plane without having to cough up for in-flight wifi, and you can customize the app behavior (will it auto-download, how many episodes, save or delete after you listen to a download, etc)

dtfd

Autocross Champion
castbox has started to annoy me with new full page ads that have the tiniest, hidden X to close them, and I don't love spotify podcasts.

What else are people using?

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
castbox has started to annoy me with new full page ads that have the tiniest, hidden X to close them, and I don't love spotify podcasts.

What else are people using?
Believe it or not after I posted this thread, Apple updated the stock podcasts app with almost all of the features I was looking for. I went back to that.