GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

POLE - Would you be friends with a Prius driver?

POLE - Would you be friends with a Prius driver?

• YES - enough positive to outweigh it.

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • YES - but only if you sack punch him every time you see him.

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • NO - this should not even be an option.

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Great pole, I often wonder this myself!

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • NEEK has officially hit bottom by considering this horrific thing.

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Yes. I think it is worth saving. A lot is wrong and we both have our faults. But I also believe that in any relationship, two people are only too different if they are not willing to put the effort in to meet partway. It shouldn't be all work though. I dont deny there was a lot wrong but it was the best 4 years of my life. She doesn't feel that way, and she feels there are much graver problems. I don't deny that I hurt her very deeply, but I am willing to do whatever I must in order to have a happy marriage. She is not. And there is nothing I can do about it. She won't even talk about it with me. She just decided in the middle of yet another shitstorm that she was giving up, and though I have told her that I regret everything I did and am willing to work hard and make sacrifices, she sees no value in it. I feel that she never did fully commit...she never took my last name, she wanted to keep accounts separate, and she did not fight fair, she threatened divorce many times.

I won't say that I'm better off without her because the process of separating our lives will be complicated and painful. Yes things are a mess but it would be so much simpler to rebuild what we have.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Yes. I think it is worth saving. A lot is wrong and we both have our faults. But I also believe that in any relationship, two people are only too different if they are not willing to put the effort in to meet partway. It shouldn't be all work though. I dont deny there was a lot wrong but it was the best 4 years of my life. She doesn't feel that way, and she feels there are much graver problems. I don't deny that I hurt her very deeply, but I am willing to do whatever I must in order to have a happy marriage. She is not. And there is nothing I can do about it. She won't even talk about it with me. She just decided in the middle of yet another shitstorm that she was giving up, and though I have told her that I regret everything I did and am willing to work hard and make sacrifices, she sees no value in it. I feel that she never did fully commit...she never took my last name, she wanted to keep accounts separate, and she did not fight fair, she threatened divorce many times.

I won't say that I'm better off without her because the process of separating our lives will be complicated and painful. Yes things are a mess but it would be so much simpler to rebuild what we have.

Wow dude. Sorry to hear all that, I can only imagine it must be rough. I was only engaged before and the break up from that was pretty horrible. At least you aren't going full nugg and you know things will work out.

But if you ever need an e-hug or to talk to some neutral people, post up on the forum. This place is a great community for talking about anything really.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
I appreciate it. Someday I might post the whole story... Sympathy is nice but sound advice is even better. It doesn't help that she surrounds herself with negative people. My while family would take her in in a heartbeat and say things of encouragement. Her circle of friends and family have all shunned me and feed her negative things.

this is especially rough on me because I had my dream - a wonderful wife, a beautiful new house, everything that I want in life...and we were working on starting a family. Then she miscarried and everything fell apart.

Anyway. I might start a new thread. I don't want to make our business public knowledge but there are a lot of answers I don't have, and a lot of questions about what to do. I know that at the the end of the day, she has to make the decision to meet me on issues concerning our relationship... I can't force her to do that, but I don't know how to earn her trust back. Especially with 1500 miles between us.

Before I do that...thoughts on posting all this?

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Don't Mazda3s get 40mpg nowadays?

Yes hence ive listed, 40 mpg is great for me, my last 3 cars (including my mk7) were all premium, before that i had a 1990 corolla in high school, and only drove to school, some parties, basketball game/practice, food and thats it.

Mazda3, Ford Fuckus, Chevy Cruze... there are a lot of decent options now that get really good mileage. Hell, you can get low 30s in a GTI if you drive it right, and you wouldn't have to hate yourself for owning it.

Ive done 40 mpg on the gti and i maintained 55mph drafting an older ml350 for 15 miles, boring for sure.

Yeah 40 on a flat highway. 36 up here with the damn hills.

I can see getting a hybrid if it means you can commute more quickly in HOV lanes, but there must be a better hybrid to drive than a Prius and cheaper than a 918 - or is there? NSX isn't out yet and will still be like $120k, dunno what else you could get. Jetta hybrid is probably decent, 7-speed dsg yo

Id probably get a older camry hybrid over a prius, but that cannot be my only car, just unnacceptable

Those laws are such bullshit.

I wrote a letter to the president of my college because hybrids got the $600 parking pass for like $200. I argued that my used Civic was much more ecologically friendly and responsible. She didn't respond. I didn't buy a parking pass.

Oh weird... I thought troy lived in Pennsylvania....

For students? c'mon, how many college students drive hybrids.

Also my local mall has a special parking for hybrids only closest to stores and ive parked my acura many times there, never got in trouble for that actually or complaints dafuq?

Bam margera

My (soon to be ex) wife drives a Prius. She loves my car. Yet somehow she never understood why I never wanted to drive hers.

:laugh:

I'd drive a prius.

:ban0259:

I'd drive a TDI or a Cruz diesel or a Jetta hybrid or a Civic hybrid or a Volt before a motherfucking Prius.

Fuck Toyota and their fucking-I-give-up-on-life cars.

This, but i learned manual in a toyota, which died a year after ive had it bc my cousin that had it in high school prob didnt bother oil changes.

I would drive a Prius before I rode a skateboard everywhere though :iono:

"I would rather ride a skateboard than a mustang"

I don't know. Been separated since mid June. She went to San Diego, took her important things and animals with her, left me with the house and most of her stuff. She has a lot of anger and resentment...sometimes she is OK and we can hold an conversation and she says things like she doesn't want our marriage to end and is hoping there is a chance...yet the only thing stopping us from reconciling is her unwillingness. She said she would like to start over with me and yet has not made any effort to meet me even partway. Then when she gets angry she says we should just get a divorce because she isn't coming back and won't ever let anyone make her feel that way again...

I try to understand her feelings and where she is coming from, but she has some major issues she needs to overcome. I have told her I can't fix things on my own, and she says she's given up and has no hope. Even though we had 4 good years together.

I'm making the decision to move forward with my life. Going to eventually sell the house and file for divorce. I think I know what she needs to do, because she is miserable where she is at, and I think she knows what she needs too, but is unwilling to do it. It really sucks because I have been married before and divorced, and that was relatively clean and painless. Not a whole lot invested. That's not the case here.

Anyway not trying to hijack thread, maybe I'll start a new one so that all of you can tell me that I'm an idiot for getting involved in the first place, that I should just cut ties and move on so I'll be happier.

She needs a psychiatrist.

graveshb

Go Kart Champion

I appreciate it. Someday I might post the whole story... Sympathy is nice but sound advice is even better. It doesn't help that she surrounds herself with negative people. My while family would take her in in a heartbeat and say things of encouragement. Her circle of friends and family have all shunned me and feed her negative things.

this is especially rough on me because I had my dream - a wonderful wife, a beautiful new house, everything that I want in life...and we were working on starting a family. Then she miscarried and everything fell apart.

Anyway. I might start a new thread. I don't want to make our business public knowledge but there are a lot of answers I don't have, and a lot of questions about what to do. I know that at the the end of the day, she has to make the decision to meet me on issues concerning our relationship... I can't force her to do that, but I don't know how to earn her trust back. Especially with 1500 miles between us.

Wow man, much feels. I've been doing a lot (more than I'd like) thinking about my recent break up, and what you're saying really emphasizes some of my thoughts with it taking both people wanting to make things work. I wish I had advice for you, but I doubt anything I have to say is worth listening to.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Well, it is official. I am friends with a Prius driver. He borrowed my ladder and I helped him hang lights and we had a beer together. Plus, I gave him a couple home brews. I think that seals the deal.

Worth it.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
So what e39 does he have :lol:

528i. Auto doe. It was in the garage. I started checking her out and he laughed. It was the wife's. We did not get much further into the car talk, because his beautiful bride produced beers for us, so attention went elsewhere.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
No. Never.

pjung23551

Ready to race!
Don't be too cool for school now

I have a mk6 gti purpose built as my track car. I just purchased a Prius as my daily and have slowly been modding the audio since there is no performance to be gained. I used to hate on Prius drivers as well. But the utility ,mpgs, and ease to drive in traffic make it acceptable. Reality is that you can drive you super souped up track monster but I put 36k easy in mileage annually. When driving that much road imperfections kill high performance parts. Factor in the clutches, Brembo rotors stop tech pads , overhauling the kwv3s every 60k, pss', GAS fees it becomes ludicrous expensive to maintain.

Crazy but the gas I save alone as well as the lack of maintenance by not driving the gti daily and only as a track monster I am paying for the Prius and insurance. And gas I pay about $166. Which gets written off as well as the mileage. Hmm. Makes me wonder why everyone doesn't buy a Prius as their daily.

Then again I am going to big willow dec 14th to release some stress with the gti. And THAT can't be done in the Prius.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

D Griff

Go Kart Champion

Man. It's really up to you, very personal stuff. The internet community is great because you can get advice without involving your personal friends/family. The other side of that coin is that
you're posting private information publicly. Your call my friend.

Wow man, much feels. I've been doing a lot (more than I'd like) thinking about my recent break up, and what you're saying really emphasizes some of my thoughts with it taking both people wanting to make things work. I wish I had advice for you, but I doubt anything I have to say is worth listening to.

The advice we gave you that you finally took to run and not look back isn't quite so easy to give when we're talking about a marriage.

Well, it is official. I am friends with a Prius driver. He borrowed my ladder and I helped him hang lights and we had a beer together. Plus, I gave him a couple home brews. I think that seals the deal.

Worth it.

Nice. Sounds worth it. When you get drunk together, you can propose that wife swap. Or maybe for some more wholesome fun, you could take him on a ride in the Doebra. Perhaps you can get him interested in getting a car that sucks less.

528i. Auto doe. It was in the garage. I started checking her out and he laughed. It was the wife's. We did not get much further into the car talk, because his beautiful bride produced beers for us, so attention went elsewhere.

Too bad no one took my bet...

Don't be too cool for school now

I have a mk6 gti purpose built as my track car. I just purchased a Prius as my daily and have slowly been modding the audio since there is no performance to be gained. I used to hate on Prius drivers as well. But the utility ,mpgs, and ease to drive in traffic make it acceptable. Reality is that you can drive you super souped up track monster but I put 36k easy in mileage annually. When driving that much road imperfections kill high performance parts. Factor in the clutches, Brembo rotors stop tech pads , overhauling the kwv3s every 60k, pss', GAS fees it becomes ludicrous expensive to maintain.

Crazy but the gas I save alone as well as the lack of maintenance by not driving the gti daily and only as a track monster I am paying for the Prius and insurance. And gas I pay about $166. Which gets written off as well as the mileage. Hmm. Makes me wonder why everyone doesn't buy a Prius as their daily.

Then again I am going to big willow dec 14th to release some stress with the gti. And THAT can't be done in the Prius.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The fact that you:

A. Built a "track monster" out of a new FWD car

B. Own a Prius

pretty much nullifies your opinion.