GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Prepaid Maintenance Plan

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
If anyone's interested in buying one of these, consider Stone Mountain VW in Stone Mountain, GA. I'll PM you the name of the person. And no, I don't get a referral fee. I can afford to pay more, but I consider it the principle. I don't like price gouging. I bought my VW extended warrant and the 10/20/30 prepaid plan from them. If you live in Florida you'll probably find they're a lot cheaper.

Snitt

Ready to race!
This is worth it if you have a DSG! I had a 0-50K one on mine, and it included the Haldex and DSG fluid changes. I think I paid less than $400 for it. Five oil changes, cabin filter change, Haldex fluid change, brake fluid change, and DSG change were all covered.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
This is worth it if you have a DSG! I had a 0-50K one on mine, and it included the Haldex and DSG fluid changes. I think I paid less than $400 for it. Five oil changes, cabin filter change, Haldex fluid change, brake fluid change, and DSG change were all covered.
I paid about $250 for the 10/20/30 alone. You got a great price.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

They lost their ass on that.

BPCrusher01

Be careful with Stone Mountain VW in both the service and sales department. They're my local dealer. They were great many years ago but they're gone downhill. I tried to buy a vehicle from them in 2015 and they required my drivers license and a credit pull before the salesman would unlock any vehicles. I walked out and bought 3 VWs from other dealers rather than deal with that kind of shenanigans.

My car was just in to their shop for a warranty repair on a leaking water pump. The first thing they did was unplug my dashcam. Who knows if it actually got drive cycled to check. When I got it back, the coolant reservoir cap was left off and sitting on the strut tower. I get it home and it's still leaking. Not as bad, but it's still dripping. The new pump looked clean from what I can see so presumably it did get replaced but with that kind of attention to detail I think I'm going to stick with my own work and driving to a different dealer. Others may have a different experience but caveat emptor.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
Be careful with Stone Mountain VW in both the service and sales department. They're my local dealer. They were great many years ago but they're gone downhill. I tried to buy a vehicle from them in 2015 and they required my drivers license and a credit pull before the salesman would unlock any vehicles. I walked out and bought 3 VWs from other dealers rather than deal with that kind of shenanigans.

My car was just in to their shop for a warranty repair on a leaking water pump. The first thing they did was unplug my dashcam. Who knows if it actually got drive cycled to check. When I got it back, the coolant reservoir cap was left off and sitting on the strut tower. I get it home and it's still leaking. Not as bad, but it's still dripping. The new pump looked clean from what I can see so presumably it did get replaced but with that kind of attention to detail I think I'm going to stick with my own work and driving to a different dealer. Others may have a different experience but caveat emptor.

Well, the driver's license isn't that odd. You're out poking around on the lot and want to test something, and you can do it right away instead of suddenly having to wait around for scans and stuff.

The credit is a bit strange just to look at cars, though.