GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Punks not dead

GolNat

Autocross Champion
To be honest, I was just as surprised. Especially Jay shouting out my favorite venue in high school. Simpler times!

To me, punk is music that makes you think differently. In my opinion, Bob Dylan is an OG punk. Storytelling with a message.

Offspring always puts me in a good mood. Wtf does ooben glaben gleeben globen even mean?! Doesn't matter because anyone who hears that instantly smiles!

Couldn't have said it better. Different genres have a punk vibe, Sweatpants by Childish Gambino for example. Hip Pop on the outside, but the attitude, that guy is on fire.

Lol it made me smile just reading it.

Never heard that Sweatpants song but just listened to it and it was fire!! I enjoy rap/hip hop for it's storytelling.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
To be honest, I was just as surprised. Especially Jay shouting out my favorite venue in high school. Simpler times!

To me, punk is music that makes you think differently. In my opinion, Bob Dylan is an OG punk. Storytelling with a message.

Offspring always puts me in a good mood. Wtf does ooben glaben gleeben globen even mean?! Doesn't matter because anyone who hears that instantly smiles!

Couldn't have said it better. Different genres have a punk vibe, Sweatpants by Childish Gambino for example. Hip Pop on the outside, but the attitude, that guy is on fire.
Gambino is great. Dylan is OG punk, so is Elvis Costello, and plenty of other bands that wouldn't be considered punk by most people's standards.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Gambino is great. Dylan is OG punk, so is Elvis Costello, and plenty of other bands that wouldn't be considered punk by most people's standards.
Speaking of Elvis Costello, I do listen to a good amount of the Specials, who Elvis produced their eponymous album.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Bob Dylan "
Lol it made me smile just reading it.

Never heard that Sweatpants song but just listened to it and it was fire!! I enjoy rap/hip hop for it's storytelling.
Try on "This is America". Same hip hop vibe, just as much of a message.
Hurricane by Dylan sums it up. If you haven't, also watch the movie "The Hurricane". Best role by Denzel Washington in my opinion

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Bob Dylan "

Hurricane by Dylan sums it up. If you haven't, also watch the movie "The Hurricane". Best role by Denzel Washington in my opinion
The video for This is America is pretty powerful.

Hurricane is awesome. I've never seen the movie, but I'm pretty familiar with the story.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Bob Dylan "

I have heard that one and it was great too. That's the song that introduced me to Gambino.

I'm Not Racist by Joyner Lucas is powerful too. Especially the video.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
I have heard that one and it was great too. That's the song that introduced me to Gambino.

I'm Not Racist by Joyner Lucas is powerful too. Especially the video.
Damn that's deep. Reminds me of the song Racists by Anti-Flag. Same message, different tone.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Damn that's deep. Reminds me of the song Racists by Anti-Flag. Same message, different tone.

Yo! That was a good one. Definitely the same message and well put together. I'll check out some more Anti-Flag (y)

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
If Glen Danzig's Misfits can still sell out stadiums, I'd say punk is still alive.