GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quick Jack one year review

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Still worth buying if you can't get a lift installed? I'm thinking about saving up for a set before I get hot and heavy into my E30 project. I'm going to be doing a full build (E30 chassis, engine and trans swap, custom driveshaft, new floorpan/trans tunnel all that stuff) so I'll be under the car a lot. Wondering if quickjacks will be sufficient or if i'd be better off building some platforms to set the car on.
Something that can go a bit higher would probably be nice to have for more involved stuff. Like the MaxJax. But QuickJack is much more compact for storage etc. Pros/cons all around. IIRC the quickjack will lift the car about 2' off the ground (a little less with the normal blocks). That's probably the biggest determining factor right there.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Something that can go a bit higher would probably be nice to have for more involved stuff. Like the MaxJax. But QuickJack is much more compact for storage etc. Pros/cons all around. IIRC the quickjack will lift the car about 2' off the ground (a little less with the normal blocks). That's probably the biggest determining factor right there.

Either one is a big compromise vs a real two post lift. If you’re questioning if it’s worth it the answer is absolutely yes, and which is best for you is whichever you can afford. Normally the biggest cost of a two post lift is everything involved to properly install it.

Since I installed my two post lift a buddy at work installed one in his two car garage as well. It took some modifications to the garage door tracks for him to have room, but he’s been using it non stop since it went up.

WhyGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry to bring up an old thread but have a question. Are you or is anyone using the pinch weld blocks? I have the square ones and ordered the round ones from ECS. I can’t get either one to fully sit into the blocks at the pinch weld. Has anyone else had this issue? Haven’t used the quick Jack yet because this makes me nervous not being fully seated into the blocks, seems unstable. Thanks

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
I use the pinch weld blocks. It's not quite wide enough, but with some weight on it, it seats in there fine. Overtime it loosens up a bit too.

At first I was a little concerned about this too but it works fine.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I use the pinch weld blocks. It's not quite wide enough, but with some weight on it, it seats in there fine. Overtime it loosens up a bit too.

At first I was a little concerned about this too but it works fine.
Thanks, I just bought a BL-7000SLX from Costco and had the same question, I'll order some from ECS