GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

quote on an '08 GTI, how's this?

deanfun

Came down south for the weekend and checked out one of the GTI's at an edmonton dealer. They've got a 5-door, United Grey, 6spd Manual, cloth, sunroof currently on the 17" mini-huffs. With 18" huffs swapped on, monster mats and mudflaps (who the hell charges for muflaps? anyways...), I was given a taxes-in of about $36400 @ 5% gst. Before tax price is 34630 including the grad rebate.

Financing is the 3.9 @ 36 or 4.9 @ 48, working out to payments of around 1100 and 880 respectively with 0 down. How does that sound?

F37150

orange crush
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI
Doesn't sound too bad - the finance definitely much better than what I have. :(

For the monster mats, make sure you ARE getting monster mats though. Dealers are notorious for writing down "rubber mats" rather than "monster mats" in their worksheet/quote.

tranceporter

F**K YOU CAM FOLLOWERS
Car(s)
'08 BMP GTI
wow you guys get raped up there

deanfun

Doesn't sound too bad - the finance definitely much better than what I have. :(

For the monster mats, make sure you ARE getting monster mats though. Dealers are notorious for writing down "rubber mats" rather than "monster mats" in their worksheet/quote.
They're definitely monster mats. After doing some real budgeting, it makes more sense to look at getting into a Rabbit right now. I can definitely use the extra few hundred dollars a month in other places.

DesmoDan

AutoX Pylon
Whether you are going with a Rabbit or a GTI, check out a few car brokers first, especially now that you know what a dealer will charge you. You will get all the same benefits from a dealer (ie; factory financing, promos and grad rebates), but save quite a bit more. They get cars from a dealer anyway. When people were buying GTIs at full price, site unscene, I got over $2k taken off sticker for mine.

GTI4John74

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Came down south for the weekend and checked out one of the GTI's at an edmonton dealer. They've got a 5-door, United Grey, 6spd Manual, cloth, sunroof currently on the 17" mini-huffs. With 18" huffs swapped on, monster mats and mudflaps (who the hell charges for muflaps? anyways...), I was given a taxes-in of about $36400 @ 5% gst. Before tax price is 34630 including the grad rebate.

Financing is the 3.9 @ 36 or 4.9 @ 48, working out to payments of around 1100 and 880 respectively with 0 down. How does that sound?

A dealer here in Ontario quoted me for $35800, everything. Financing per month was 580/month or something for 4.9% 5 years.

Sad though, didn't have enough "doe" cause of debts (i don't even want to go there, as it was already discussed), so sad I have paused the purchased.

I'm still hoping..

Khobin~

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'07 GTI, '97 YZF600R

That seems high to me...a base 5-dr with Huffs, sunroof, mats, and mudflaps for $34,650....

VW.ca says $32,685(including Freight & PDI), so those must be some expensive mats and mudflaps :biggrin: At MSRP that should work out to around $35,000 with adim fee, taxes, etc...so you're paying like $1500 for mudflaps and "monster" mats. :thumbdown:

Orrr they are charging you extra for swapping to the 18" Huffs(i.e. more then the standard $975) :wink:

Either way, I'd personnally shop around a bit more. :thumbsup:

Khobin~

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'07 GTI, '97 YZF600R
when u pay extra 975 at dealership for 18" rims.. do they mean huffs?

that's the option price to switch from 17" to 18"(which are the Huffs) according to VW. You can check it out on their website www.vw.ca :thumbsup:

So to answer you're question the short way: Yes. :biggrin:

twisted by dezign

Interiors win races
Car(s)
08 Stage 2+ GTI
I'd shop around more, I got a fully loaded 5 door GTI with a 6MT, Monster Mats, and 3M Stoneguard for $35575 out the door with the grad rebate from Norden (this is for stealing one in transit from another dealership, would've been cheaper if it was on the lot).

s16

Ready to race!
I'd shop around more, I got a fully loaded 5 door GTI with a 6MT, Monster Mats, and 3M Stoneguard for $35575 out the door with the grad rebate from Norden (this is for stealing one in transit from another dealership, would've been cheaper if it was on the lot).

how much is grad rebate, and is it before or after tax

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
We pay for a better quality car, fortunately. Not the pieces of paper you guys drive around in that make the cities look, smell, and taste like the water in downtown Los Angeles.

WTF are you talking about? It's the same car?

I don't how how anyone can spend 1100 a month on a car, plus insurance, plus gas... That's freaking crazy.