GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32D2's R32 (Picture overload)

.:R32D2

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
Hello and thanks for stopping by! This isn't really an official "build thread" since not too many things were done to the car, it's still a work in progress but it doesn't compare to the massive work a lot of you have put into your MKV/VI's.

I bought my R32 around August of 2011, I've always liked Volkswagens and fell in love with them the moment I got behind the wheel of mine. Mods always appealed to me but I didn't know how far I really wanted to take it until I stumbled upon GolfMKV.com! You guys really go all out, some of these cars are truly amazing. Your love for these cars show through the extensive transformation that some of these cars go through. This place has been an inspiration and many of you have helped me out in a lot of my decisions, whether you know it or not (it's amazing what the search option can do for you)

Anyway, If you're still on this thread, here's my car:
MKV 2008 UG R32 #2799 currently at 58600k miles

Here it sits the day I brought it home, next to my first car, the Honda which is long gone.

Then it got a name:

The first mod I did was the Neuspeed P-flo

Not long after that it got a little louder with the APR RSC 3" CatBack Exhaust
at EuroCode Tuning in Torrance California

I went Stage 1. Also at Eurocode Tuning

AND not long after that R32D2 went on HPA SHS coilovers with Mike at
Canyon Racing Motorsports in Mission Viejo California

that's when we discovered this, changed it shortly after

So this is my R32 as of now:

Future mods include:
DSG Flash (United Motorsports)
Color matched Side Markers
No plate, hole-less grille
LED interior lighting and license plate LED's

April 24, 2013 UPDATE:

Finally got my VMR wheels yesterday

I'll update this thread with any updates, hope you guys enjoyed, comments, suggestions are welcomed.

Last edited:

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
beautiful car. The UPS pic is brilliant.
Thank you! I've been wanting to take that picture for a few weeks now.
Nice work man! What coils did you go with?
Thanks Katie! I went with HPA SHS, forgot to mention that.
Nice start, but I still want to know if the APR exhaust adds any power...and APR won't tell us.
And not a fan of their software, I'd have gone with UM, who also has a dealer in SoCal.
Yeah it would be nice to know that, as long as I'm not losing anything and it just sounds so damn beautiful. Interesting that you say that about the software, any reason why? I looked through a few and liked what APR offered, nobody had anything bad to say about them and they're having their spring sale. I hear they're working on some DSG software too, looking forward to that.

dubmotion

image is everything
Yeah it would be nice to know that, as long as I'm not losing anything and it just sounds so damn beautiful. Interesting that you say that about the software, any reason why? I looked through a few and liked what APR offered, nobody had anything bad to say about them and they're having their spring sale. I hear they're working on some DSG software too, looking forward to that.

I have had their software for a yr and half. It sucks in comparison to UM. UM gets more power and has auto tune to the octane of fuel that you use. UM also auto tunes if you add cams. Lastly, APR has been saying they are developing a DSG tune since I got my tune. They never have done great with R32s.

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
I have had their software for a yr and half. It sucks in comparison to UM. UM gets more power and has auto tune to the octane of fuel that you use. UM also auto tunes if you add cams. Lastly, APR has been saying they are developing a DSG tune since I got my tune. They never have done great with R32s.

Hmm that sucks, really haven't heard anything bad till now but still, I'll have to take your word for it. I can't compare as I haven't tried any other brands but I'm happy it so far. BTW Nice, R32. Like what you've done to yours.

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
Perfect car. What does stage 1 do for an NA r? Also, why does the leather interior on these cars always look bad?

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
Perfect car. What does stage 1 do for an NA r? Also, why does the leather interior on these cars always look bad?

Hahaha, I noticed that too about the leather when I took this picture, it's not quite as bad in person. Stage 1 for a car like mine is just a littlemore horsepower, depending on the gas I run, few more lbs of torque and better throttle response. I was there with a that got stage 2+ on his Audi wagon (it's in the pictures above) we spoke later and he says he can REALLY feel it where with me it's a little more subtle and with a little more umph here and there depending what RMP I'm on.

ikey3125

Ready to race!
I had a dyno chart somewhere, don't ask where, lost it in my move from Vegas, shows my car, with stock tune vs a MkIV R32.

Mine put 191whp, the MkIV did 140ish whp, and was choppy, no smooth curves

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
Lookin' good bud!

Thanks!:thumbsup:
I noticed today that my coils have settled well since I took these pictures, It's looking perfect for my taste now.

R527

Looks good! I have the APR exhaust sitting on the floor of my apartment now just begging to go on. Only problem is I don't have the stock cats so I'm not sure what I have to do to make it fit heh. Everytime I see or hear online I get mad at myself for not having it installed yet.

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
Looks good! I have the APR exhaust sitting on the floor of my apartment now just begging to go on. Only problem is I don't have the stock cats so I'm not sure what I have to do to make it fit heh. Everytime I see or hear online I get mad at myself for not having it installed yet.

Thank you very much! I know the feeling, I had mine sitting around for about a week but my coilovers sat here for nearly a month. So what's your current setup that you can't plug this bad boy in?