GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rattle

ThatWhiteGolfR

Car(s)
Golf R MK7.5
Hi everyone!

So I bought a used Golf R last week - 2019 Reg with 23k miles on the clock.

However I started to hear some rattle when I accelerate hard or firmly in the dashboard?

When I accelerate lightly, I cannot hear anything. Any ideas?

Thank you

ThatWhiteGolfR

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Hi everyone!

So I bought a used Golf R last week - 2019 Reg with 23k miles on the clock.

However I started to hear some rattle when I accelerate hard or firmly in the dashboard?

When I accelerate lightly, I cannot hear anything. Any ideas?

Thank you

ThatWhiteGolfR

Turn the radio up.

Chasing rattles is a pain. I have a rattle/squeak in the seat, deep center console area I can't seem to locate. The sunglass flip down compartment also has a slight rattle that I've been trying to fix. I also had a few things in the glove box that would occasionally rattle.

Most of which I haven't been able to completely eliminate, so when they'll start up I literally turn my radio up louder.

Tyler230

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I just found a rattle/buzz in the dash. If yours is coming from near the gauge cluster check by touching the thin silver trim piece surrounding the cluster when you hear the rattle. Just some tape in a small spot fixed mine.

ThatWhiteGolfR

Car(s)
Golf R MK7.5
I just found a rattle/buzz in the dash. If yours is coming from near the gauge cluster check by touching the thin silver trim piece surrounding the cluster when you hear the rattle. Just some tape in a small spot fixed mine.
Could you take a photo of the area you are mentioning please? And your solution and I will give it a go later today.

Thank you so much

ThatWhiteGolfR

Car(s)
Golf R MK7.5
Turn the radio up.

Chasing rattles is a pain. I have a rattle/squeak in the seat, deep center console area I can't seem to locate. The sunglass flip down compartment also has a slight rattle that I've been trying to fix. I also had a few things in the glove box that would occasionally rattle.

Most of which I haven't been able to completely eliminate, so when they'll start up I literally turn my radio up louder.
I would do this but knowing I spent good money on the car and knowing that it’s there really irritates me 😞. I know it shouldn’t but if I can get it resolved, would be so much happy.

As I plan to mod the car, I want to make sure it’s all okay - you never know if the rattle is part of something much larger I guess?

Tyler230

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I put a piece of Post-It note over the area I’m talking about. Also, yeah disabling the soundaktor will get rid of a lot of extra rattles and buzzing. The soundaktor in mine rattled the plastic piece where the rearview mirror mounts to the windshield until I unplugged it.

70381841-7E6A-430D-A947-90CC6375EB73.jpeg

Reactions: krs

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Hmm, if your adventurous, do some disassembly in that area and check for loose/broken tabs of the cluster and/or maybe it was put together and did not seat all the way? I hate rattles and I would chase it down. Use plastic trim tools of course.

caleb.mk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 DSG
Turn the radio up.

Two random guesses :ROFLMAO: Center console is a little plastic flap inside the arm rest slide out thingy - seat is the seatbelt holder against the bolster.
I can tell you how to fix both if you're interested

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
Some of us have a buzz (not a rattle) coming from one or both A-Pillars. The fix looks like a pain, but there's info out there on it. The soundaktor makes the buzz much worse.

ThatWhiteGolfR

Car(s)
Golf R MK7.5
I’ve decided to leave the buzz / rattle as it’s probably just going to be a costly headache and I can’t be bothered for it.

However I discovered a new issue, please see the attached photo of the sat nav screen when I try to use it - any idea on how to fix this? I haven’t done anything to the sd card or anything.

Thank you

Attachments

• 2D44748C-50EE-4DD6-ACF9-5B914280F718.jpeg
    2D44748C-50EE-4DD6-ACF9-5B914280F718.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 58

acoustic_

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I checked the glovebox and I don’t see an SD card slotted.

The NAV maps are loaded into one of those SD cards. If you don't have a SD card installed, that's the issue. Not sure how you go about getting one.. maybe have to inquire with a dealer?