GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RC Car and racing

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
It's amazing how much less expensive RC is now. I had $2500+ into my cars and equipment, including my Airtronics M8 radio with Novak frequency module. My battery cycler/matcher/charger was $900 alone, but I could charge 4 packs at a time.

It was nice having memory for all my cars and trucks and being able to use one radio.
Yeah, stuff is way more affordable now it seems. Especially with the batteries. When LiPos started taking off, unless you wanted to pay an arm and a leg, it was easiest to just order the LiPos from Chinese sellers...but the quality could be iffy at times. Now a name brand, good performing LiPo runs like $50 - $60. I snagged up a Spektrum smart Lipo (2S 5000mah 50C) and a 50W smart balancing charger for under $100. Back in the day, no way that was possible.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
We paid that for 1200mah Nicad balanced 6 cell loose packs in the 90's.

5000 mah is crazy.

Biggest was 3000mah NiMH when I stopped racing them in 2000's.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
We paid that for 1200mah Nicad balanced 6 cell loose packs in the 90's.

5000 mah is crazy.

Biggest was 3000mah NiMH when I stopped racing them in 2000's.
I hated NiMh batteries. Those are the reason I started nitro long ago. Electric wasn’t worth the hassle then and nitro was the way to go. Now you can get like 45+ minutes out of a charge. Hell, my little brushless Losi gets about 30 minutes out of little 800mah battery pack. I can put one in the truck, put the other in my pocket, and go mess around at the BMX track for an hour.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
We would struggle to get 4 minutes out of the SCR1200 pack at race speeds in the super speedway cars. Lol.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Picked up shell off amazon. It’s hilarious. A bit too big but whatever. We’ll smash it up.

Attachments

• DCB58FAA-3382-4753-A0FC-1C038BB2F7AC.jpeg
    DCB58FAA-3382-4753-A0FC-1C038BB2F7AC.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 141
  • D815E635-0E55-4FEA-B3FD-A00BDC429804.jpeg
    D815E635-0E55-4FEA-B3FD-A00BDC429804.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 138

perryis5150

Passed Driver's Ed
I need suggestions for a entry level truck or buggy or something like to that. I don't need the best but something that wont crap out fast. I have nothing at the moment either.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Did a lot of road racing in the early 90s. Raced in a few nationals. Been out of it since then but just picked up a Mini-T 2.0 this week.
Nice! I just got one of those recently. Brushed or brushless?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
I need suggestions for a entry level truck or buggy or something like to that. I don't need the best but something that wont crap out fast. I have nothing at the moment either.
That really depends on what you want to do. If you are looking for something entry level that is durable and has good parts availablity, you may want to check out something from Traxxas. They have good models, good customer support, and there are tons of hop up parts. Check out the Bandit or the Slash.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The SC28 is on sale for $59 right now.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I've found it hard to enjoy the ones that small. You almost need custom built tracks that fit the scale.

I'm pretty sure the mini-T and SC28 are both 1/28th scale.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The Mini-T is 1/18th scale

You are correct, don't know how I missed that.

I watched a video is a mini-T 2.0 brushed motor. Needs more power. Definitely go brushless.