GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RC Car and racing

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
I would like to get into the crawlers but they be like my third car after my street then monster truck but I really need more space my place is so small now most my room is filled with my tools and have my jack sitting in the kitchen.
Say hello to my little friend (damn that was bad) This is an Axial SCX24 and despite its size it is a lot of fun and can handle some pretty rough terrain given it’s size and since it is so small, everything is a crawler course. I was stuck outside the office for a while yesterday, and I killed some time on some random rock piles.
31D566AE-4CA7-493D-BFF0-6DE431C9ED50.jpeg

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Say hello to my little friend (damn that was bad) This is an Axial SCX24 and despite its size it is a lot of fun and can handle some pretty rough terrain given it’s size and since it is so small, everything is a crawler course. I was stuck outside the office for a while yesterday, and I killed some time on some random rock piles.View attachment 253203
Oh nice. Not a bad way to kill time outside the office. If I went crawler it would be axial I remember when they first came out they were one of the first companies to get into the crawler category.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Oh nice. Not a bad way to kill time outside the office. If I went crawler it would be axial I remember when they first came out they were one of the first companies to get into the crawler category.
All three of my Axials have been pretty solid. The Traxxas wasn't even on my radar until someone offered it for a trade (RC for RC). It was pretty much brand new (belonged to an older gentleman who used it to chase his grandkids once in the living room) and the guy was local so I didn't have to mess with shipping with Facebook Marketplace so I took him up on it. Gotta admit.....Traxxas did a damn good job on it. Both of my TRX4s are my favorite crawlers. That Bronco has seen some shit. Let me tell ya....ain't nothing like watching your stupid expensive toy roll down side of a rocky hill 😐 but it is built like a tank and handled a ton of abuse.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
All three of my Axials have been pretty solid. The Traxxas wasn't even on my radar until someone offered it for a trade (RC for RC). It was pretty much brand new (belonged to an older gentleman who used it to chase his grandkids once in the living room) and the guy was local so I didn't have to mess with shipping with Facebook Marketplace so I took him up on it. Gotta admit.....Traxxas did a damn good job on it. Both of my TRX4s are my favorite crawlers. That Bronco has seen some shit. Let me tell ya....ain't nothing like watching your stupid expensive toy roll down side of a rocky hill 😐 but it is built like a tank and handled a ton of abuse.
Oh I’ve been there my savage had about 2k into it 3 speed transmission with reverse upgraded the spider gears so they were lockers redid the shocks new oil and springs everything to it thing was a tank. Was running it around my yard when I decided to jump it off my driveway. There was a hill and we had this lip that made a great ramp so o got it up to probably over 20th and let it fly. Fly it did for about 45ft or so before bounce eventually landing under the fence separating the neighbors yard. Only damage was to the body ripped it pretty good so it was good excuse to buy the Jeep tj wrangler body I had been wanting.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Looks like quite a few ‘kits’ are on back order
Yeah luckly I have two hobby town USA relatively close to me so I can go look in person and a couple other smaller rc car places but most of the ones you see know are all ready to run with controllers. I preview ones were I get to choose my electronics and have to build the whole thing and be nitro powered.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Yeah luckly I have two hobby town USA relatively close to me so I can go look in person and a couple other smaller rc car places but most of the ones you see know are all ready to run with controllers. I preview ones were I get to choose my electronics and have to build the whole thing and be nitro powered.
Yea, I used to race so building was the only way to go. Sort out your other bits to your liking. Losi makes a good product

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Yea, I used to race so building was the only way to go. Sort out your other bits to your liking. Losi makes a good product
Nice I might look into losi when I finally get back into it they seem like they only ones that still make it so you can build your own.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
I've only ever done a kit. Never bought an RTR because building it is most of the fun for me (which is why I build them and then they sit for a while haha). That's why a lot of mine are the upgraded options: TT-01R, RC18T Factory Team, etc. The upgraded versions tend to be kits in my experience. The "base model" ones are usually the RTR and come with a radio that I won't use anyway. My nitro is the only one I bought used and was ready to run (for the most part).

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
I've only ever done a kit. Never bought an RTR because building it is most of the fun for me (which is why I build them and then they sit for a while haha). That's why a lot of mine are the upgraded options: TT-01R, RC18T Factory Team, etc. The upgraded versions tend to be kits in my experience. The "base model" ones are usually the RTR and come with a radio that I won't use anyway. My nitro is the only one I bought used and was ready to run (for the most part).
Agreed the building is half the fun then when something breaks you know what needs to be done to fix it or replace the part. And never been a fan of factory radios feel the are minimalistic and have just enough functions were to drive the vehicle. My last radio I bought was a digital one from jr racing and had so many programming functions to it plus being able to adjust steering angle and throttle position with out touching the actual controls. That was back in 2004 I can only imagine what the newer radios can do.

Last edited:

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Agreed the boulding is half the fun then when something breaks you know what needs to be done to fix it or replace the part. And never been a fan of factory radios feel the are minimalistic and have just enough functions were to drive the vehicle. My last radio I bought was a digital one from jr racing and had so many programming functions to it plus being able to adjust steering angle and throttle position with out touching the actual controls. That was back in 2004 I can only imagine what the newer radios can do.
Yeah, I've been using my Spektrum DX2S for all of my cars since it came out. Still works great and when I want to add a car, I just need to snag a receiver off eBay, bind it, and add it to one of the empty slots on the radio.