GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

***READ: NO POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS***

Lucidity

Marx
Because it doesn't remain "friendly" for very long...

If I had a dollar for all the posts that don't make the "friendly" cut, I'd be driving an R8 TDI....

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
I posted a link in a previous post showing another forum with its political threads. I read through much of it before flat-out giving up on the forum completely because it brought out the worst in everyone. It's not entirely uncommon for politics to be banned from a forum. There are many subjects that can be discussed without issue, but politics gets heated, read: very unfriendly, very quickly and it is literally NEVER productive. It's like screaming at a stone wall, except that stone wall hates you in the end...

julito04

I plead the fif.
Either way, Its up to Dpham to make judgement on what he and the other moderators think is acceptable. There is a reason he and others are moderators. They run the site and what they say goes, If you dont like the way it is run then join the Vortex "08 Election" thread and go bananas there. Remember, this is a public forum that is run privately at their own discretion. Im neutral on the subject of discussing it on a car forum but there is a reason why he is doing it, just respect it.

Anthem40

Day and Night
Either way, Its up to Dpham to make judgement on what he and the other moderators think is acceptable. There is a reason he and others are moderators. They run the site and what they say goes, If you dont like the way it is run then join the Vortex "08 Election" thread and go bananas there. Remember, this is a public forum that is run privately at their own discretion. Im neutral on the subject of discussing it on a car forum but there is a reason why he is doing it, just respect it.

aka fall in line with the rest of the sheep?

There is nothing wrong with expressing a differing opinion from those in charge, or questioning why a decision was made.

Furthermore, the objective of any forum is to maintain or increase membership. If members are told to "go to forum X" if you want to have a real discussion, then guess what? golfmkv.com loses valuable members. Less members = less sposnorship and ad money.

julito04

I plead the fif.

There is nothing wrong with expressing a differing opinion from those in charge, or questioning why a decision was made.

Furthermore, the objective of any forum is to maintain or increase membership. If members are told to "go to forum X" if you want to have a real discussion, then guess what? golfmkv.com loses valuable members. Less members = less sposnorship and ad money.

IF you were to leave this forum because you are not allowed to debate/discuss poiltical issues then the site would keep its integrity as a CAR FORUM. What brought you here again? I hope it wasnt because of the witty banter in the off topic section. The off topic section is an added bonus on this site as is the VS. section that can be run any way deemed necessary. If you were a mod and seeing the name calling/mud slinging in EVERY political thread you would do something about it also.. by the way...BaAaAaAaAhHhHhH...

Im not here to get into an argument or a pissing match about rights, considering this is international forum. Im just agreeing with Dpham on an issue that I personally see get out of hand on EVERY thread that is created about the subject.

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion

What's amazing is that I left my previous car forum solely because of all of the political garbage that consumed the site. I am quite happy with the way this forum is run. There are many things that were not allowed by my previous forum that are allowed here. Most of us are adults here so what's wrong with swearing and titties? Nothing... but both were banned on my previously frequented forum.

If you don't like the music, change the dial.

dorn101

Jai Guru Deva Om
Can we add religion to that as well? I'm sick of hearing that debate thrown in at any opportunity someone has. You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci.

Eric1285

Ready to race!
Why can't the mods just do their jobs and ban people who get out of line? I still don't see why we can't discuss politics. If someone causes a ruckus and can't remain civilized, just ban them. They're likely to be the same idiots who ruin the other forums too.

julito04

I plead the fif.
What's amazing is that I left my previous car forum solely because of all of the political garbage that consumed the site. I am quite happy with the way this forum is run. There are many things that were not allowed by my previous forum that are allowed here. Most of us are adults here so what's wrong with swearing and titties? Nothing... but both were banned on my previously frequented forum.

If you don't like the music, change the dial.

Exactly, Ive seen forums get over run and completely destroyed(Reputation wise) due to the fact of political discussions. Dont get me wrong, Im all for talking about politics in a adult manner, Its other people that you cannot count on to discuss the same way that ruin things. Thats what the mods are here for. I really enjoy the site the way it is and the reason behind the way it runs soo smoothly and kosher..Good Mods..

julito04

I plead the fif.
Why can't the mods just do their jobs and ban people who get out of line? I still don't see why we can't discuss politics. If someone causes a ruckus and can't remain civilized, just ban them. They're likely to be the same idiots who ruin the other forums too.

Because of what Mr. Anthem40 said

Less members = less sposnorship

EDIT: Wow, Three posts in a row. I cant believe I didnt multi quote.. Aaaaahh, Fuck it lol.

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
God forbid people have an argument over something that actually matters. The whole idea of having a ban, on any type of discussion that is not violating some sort of law, isn't very American.

You guys seem to have no problem keeping an extremely long leash on the versus forum, one that is dedicated to confessions of illegal activity, yet we can't talk about politics.....wtf is the world coming to.

I whole heartedly agree with you.

I do however understand that is must a pain in the ass to be a mod at times because of threads getting carried away. I'm sure politics can stir up some really nasty conversations. But at the same time, I see those in plenty of other threads that never get locked & that are full or foul mouth language, mud slinging... even when there's titties & ass all over the place, they don't get locked. BTW, ass/titties are mentioned in the forum rules..... unlike certain other topics we're not to discuss. :smile:

It's one thing to be talking trash about how your buddies S2000 can beat any stage 2 GTI (...or PETA for God's sake). But, it's another to want to discuss one of the most important, if not the most important events occuring presently in our country, politics or not, arguments or not. I understand that there are better forums for such discussions, but this is the Off-Topic thread for anything & everything right?

So... even though I think it's nonsense that we can't discuss politics, I'm going to respect the mods decision, because in the end, I have nothing to do with running this site & they do. It's kinda like going into someone's house & walking around with shoes when they ask you (or hope you'll just "know"... ) to not wear them in the house.

Although I don't agree with it & I wanted to speak my mind, but again, I'm not running the site, so do as you will.

Edit: To the people who say "I come here to discuss cars!" Well, WTF are you doing in the Off Topic thread?

Last edited:

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
we keep up this bullshit & were bound to loose the off-topic section too!
Settle down natives. We will survive. i promise you that.