GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

***READ: NO POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS***

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
We do not allow political discussions on GolfMKV. Do not start any politics threads, or post politics related material. If you see politics threads or posts popping up, please use the "Report Post to Mod" button. Unfortunately, political threads here seem to spiral down a deep abyss. If you wish to discuss politics, then there are plenty of other forums out there for you to do so.

10/27/08 EDIT: Upon further discussion, we wanted to add that the "NO POLITICS" rule applies to signatures, avatars, title, drives, etc. Basically, we don't want any mention of politics.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
know whats funny. ill post it when i get home. on the thread that was closed this morning about politcal threads i screen shotted the desktop and thread because on the bottom was an add for a video involving the truth of Obama and Mccain. remind me to post it up later

GolfMKV uses Google ads which have adsense. The ad you're referring to comes from there.

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
I think it's a great idea. I've been on other forums where I end up loathing certain members because cool people seem to become complete assholes when politics come into the conversation. The only thing I can't stand is when a very constructive and interesting thread gets shut down because someone just can't have a conversation without bringing up politics.

Eric1285

Ready to race!
This explains why the off topic forum is full of stupid games and post whores.

Good call on preventing any real discussion from happening.

Seriously...I ventured into the off topic forum for a change. There are enough idiots on the general forum. I was happy to see real conversations taking place here, and of course as soon as I find it we're banned from discussing anything of value. Good job.

Khobin~

Go Kart Champion
perhaps the mods are following the "Bush Doctrine"... :wink:

You know, strike before anything happens... :bellyroll:

Seriously though, it's an OFF-TOPIC section... politics is an "off-topic" from cars. If people are worried about having their feelings stepped on, they don't click on the thread to read it, or can read but don't have to post in it. :thumbsup:

There have been lots of threads on here, not politics related, that have gone far overboard (some might say the PETA thread :biggrin: ). Perhaps if you want to prevent heated threads before they get started you just remove the entire off-topic section. :thumbdown:

I don't join a politcal forum because I'm here to discuss cars, and at the same time I enjoy discussing other topics. Therefore the Off-topic section is the easiest, best place for me to so on a causal basis. :thumbsup:

EDIT: perhaps the best course of action would be to for the mods to put a vote/poll to see if the members want these threads or not.

MkVBlkMgc

Wir wollen lebensraum!

Dude, you could be Vice President with that kind of knowledge.:biggrin:

Eric1285

Ready to race!

Seriously though, it's an OFF-TOPIC section... politics is an "off-topic" from cars. If people are worried about having their feelings stepped on, they don't click on the thread to read it, or can read but don't have to post in it. :thumbsup:

There have been lots of threads on here, not politics related, that have gone far overboard (some might say the PETA thread :biggrin: ). Perhaps if you want to prevent heated threads before they get started you just remove the entire off-topic section. :thumbdown:

I don't join a politcal forum because I'm here to discuss cars, and at the same time I enjoy discussing other topics. Therefore the Off-topic section is the easiest, best place for me to so on a causal basis. :thumbsup:

Yeah, it's a very typical response though. I'm willing to bet that 90% of the current generation of youth don't discuss politics because "it's just too messy" or whatever. Yet, they fail to realize that it is our civic duty as citizens of this country to care about what goes on. Not being able to, or being discouraged from discussing important issues is only further pushing us down the wrong path.

KingOfJericho

Go Kart Champion
The thing about politics is that you can't EVER change anyone's mind. It gets really heated really quickly and people start to hate each other. There's a great deal of arrogance in political discussions and it brings out the worst in people. Nothing good EVER comes of it and it's the only subject that people get really enraged and emotional over. I am very much in favor of this banning of political discussion.

Eric1285

Ready to race!
The thing about politics is that you can't EVER change anyone's mind. It gets really heated really quickly and people start to hate each other. There's a great deal of arrogance in political discussions and it brings out the worst in people. Nothing good EVER comes of it and it's the only subject that people get really enraged and emotional over. I am very much in favor of this banning of political discussion.

The only people who aren't willing to listen to a well thought out argument are idiots who are mired in their own stubbornness. I happen to be a mild conservative, and one of my best friends is a raging liberal. Over the course of our friendship, he's changed my views on certain topics.

I have to believe that not everyone here is an idiot. There were good arguments made in both the bailout thread and the thread about people selling their almost new cars. The people who actually take the time to write out a decent argument typically are ones who will respond when someone presents them with a clear set of statements with facts to back them up.

I see this ban as kind of insult to our ability to have a serious discussion.

Sterling

Steel Tip

truth.