GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

***READ: NO POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS***

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
This is the only site I know that does this. Interesting.

Lucidity

Marx
With out the political discussion, the majority of threads now boil down to this...
-Pics of boobs and half naked chicks
-Threads about telling people to go lower, and to get new rims
-Threads about what chip to get
-Off topic threads that are completely pointless

With out the political discussion, the majority of threads now boil down to this...
-Pics of boobs and half naked chicks
-Threads about telling people to go lower, and to get new rims
-Threads about what chip to get
-Off topic threads that are completely pointless

True, yet this is a car forum not a political one....

Pirate King

King of Pirates
Does this only apply to current politics? Would saying that I disagree with the way FDR handled the Great Depression be OK? Is a discussion about WWII and the politics at the end when Poland was abandoned by the U.S. be OK?

Is history off limits too?

True, yet this is a car forum not a political one....

True but it is an OFF-TOPIC forum within a car forum. Meaning it applies to everything but cars.....and apparently politics.

drtechy

How you doin?
So this is an Off-Topic section, so that makes me think "not related to cars" since we talk about cars in the rest of the forum. So now your saying that this section should be about cars too? Doesn't make sense to me. If you want to say no politics and that's it fine, but don't say because its a car forum, if that's all you want on the forum then don't have an off topic section.

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
So this is an Off-Topic section, so that makes me think "not related to cars" since we talk about cars in the rest of the forum. So now your saying that this section should be about cars too? Doesn't make sense to me. If you want to say no politics and that's it fine, but don't say because its a car forum, if that's all you want on the forum then don't have an off topic section.

i agree.

If we were allowed one political thread. all banter/propaganda and discussion can be put in that single thread. Nobody would need to make new threads, because a there is a place for such discussion.

I really don't see the harm in discussing issues plaguing American and the rest of the world.

JLane

20k+ miles a year club
i came to this thread with the intent of asking for one political thread, and then i noticed some people had already brought up the idea :thumbup:

having a politics thread has my vote

Lucidity

Marx
i agree.

If we were allowed one political thread. all banter/propaganda and discussion can be put in that single thread. Nobody would need to make new threads, because a there is a place for such discussion.

I really don't see the harm in discussing issues plaguing American and the rest of the world.

Nope, it's more important to have an illegal street racing section.

VOLKSWAGEN

like 95% of what I do.
So illegal street racing/NSFW sections are good.

But discussing politics or politicians who effect everyone on this site is out of the question.

Fix this Golfmkv, we are all adults, if we can handle T&A I'm sure we can all get along and talk about something important.

You probably won't respond to this, but either way you need to fix this unneeded rule.