GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Real reason for Lane Assist.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I think I know why the Mk8 Golf has Lane Assist which defaults to being on. I am finding that making simple adjustments to the car, like the air conditioning, requires accessing the infotainment screen. This requires a lot of time looking at the screen. Not good! At least the Lane Assist tries to prevent me crossing the white line or going into a ditch. Oh how I miss my (air temperature) knob!

giovanotti

Passed Driver's Ed
You are right.
Well, I miss possibility of full X-Y air vent adjustment with extra knob to open/close. I do not like full speed air to be blown into my body.

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
At some angles i can imagine it being quite thrilling if your wearing shorts or a skirt. "not tonight dear, the cars given me frostbite".
You can get a nice breeze on the face by angling the right vent upwards and deflecting the air off the windscreen.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
The face vents are too low. Cools my hands and knees a treat though.
I dare say that given the choice between having the vents above the infotainment screen or below it, VW decided the screen should be above the vents. I think that was the correct decision - in my opinion fumbling around a ‘buttonless’ infotainment screen if it was positioned lower down below the central air vents out of the driver’s eye line really would have been dangerous. I think that positioning the touch pad for the lights above the outer driver‘s side vent was also the correct decision for the same reason(s).

Even though the vents are low down compared to the mk7 / mk7.5, at least they’re adjustable so the airflow can be directed upwards towards the face. Also, if the climate control settings are adjusted towards the windscreen, that should also help to keep the driver’s and front passenger’s upper regions cool.